The overgrowth of the fungi Candida Albicans is responsible for the onset of Thrush , which is also know as Yeast Infection or Candidiasis. Thrush is not a serious disease but it can cause great discomfort for its sufferer. The best thing you can do then you think you have thrush is to see a doctor immediately. There are also many over the counter medicines that are effective in treating thrush .
But aside from seeing a doctor and using over the counter medications, there are many things you can do at home to treat thrush .
1. The first thing you should do at the onset o thrush is to clean the affected area by washing it with plain water. It is not advisable to use soaps, shower gels and bath gels because these products can worsen the infection. Make sure that the affected area is always clean, cool and dry.
2. When you have thrush , avoid using lubricants and spermicidal creams. These products can make your conditions worse. You should also avoid latex condoms because latex or rubber can cause irritation.
3. Do not let synthetic fibers or materials touch the affected area as doing so could cause further irritation. You must wear clothes or undergarments made from natural fibers so as to minimize irritation.
4. Stress can trigger thrush this is why you should learn to relax and fight stress. Do not put yourself in stressful situations as much as possible and try to learn different stress-reducing techniques.
5. Make sure that your partner does not have thrush before having sex.
6. Melaleuca Oil is an effective remedy for thrush . You can buy Melaleuca Oil at alternative medicine and herb stores.
7. Aside from Melaleauca Oil, another effective natural remedy for thrush is Aloe Vera gel which can also be bought in alternative medicine and herb stores. Apply the Aloe Vera gel to the affected area.
8. Avoid oral contraceptives and broad spectrum antibiotics when you feel you are susceptible to thrush .
9. Individuals suffering from iron deficiency anemia and diabetes are more susceptible to get thrush than those not suffering from these diseases. So if you suffer from these diseases you must be doubly careful in avoiding thrush .
10. Avoid alcohol, steroids and too much sugar if you feel that you are susceptible to thrush . These substances can prohibit the growth of Candida Albicans.
11. You can also put natural yogurt to the areas affected by thrush to minimize irritation. Yoghurts have ingredients that can combat inflammation.
12. Food is one of the main triggers of thrush . Avoid dried fruits, dairy products, products with yeasts, mushrooms, pickled vegetables and fruits, monosodium glutamate and smoked fish and meat as these can trigger thrush . You can also try to follow a restricted diet for at least one month. The restricted diet can help you determine the particular foods that triggers thrush . You can then avoid these foods to avoid acquiring thrush .
13. Probiotic supplements that support friendly fungi in the gut such as acidophilus are also found to be effective in treating thrush .
14. If your thrush is persistent and does not respond to home remedies then you should begin to see a doctor. You should never ignore a persistent thrush infection. Or else it could lead to a much worse condition.
Note: This article may be freely reproduced as long as the AUTHOR’S resource box at the bottom of this article is included and and all links must be Active/Linkable with no syntax changes.