A sore throat, also known as pharyngitis, is inflammation or redness of the tissues, sometimes with yellowish/white pus on the tonsils. It is a common problem that each one of us faces in our lifetime. Sore throats are mainly caused by bacteria or viruses, affecting mostly children and young adults. Sore throat can continue for more than 48 hours. Sore throats can also be caused by allergic reactions or allergies and tobacco smoke.But if the condition is severe then contact your doctor immediately, do not waste time on internet, and remember always Health is wealth
Symptoms for Sore Throat:
If there’s pain in the throat, it may be due to occurrence of sore throat.
In the sore throat symptom, pain sometimes extends to the ears.
Problem in opening the mouth
You will have a difficulty in swallowing the food
Home Remedies Sore Throat
Below are some of the commonly used home remedies for sore throat. The ingredients used in these home remedies are completely natural and herbal and can be easily found in your kitchen cabinet or garden.
1. Gargling with alum (phitkari) is an effective home remedies for sore throat. Mix two grams alum in half a glass of warm water. Gargle with this water. This relieves swelling and throat pain.
2. Boil ten grams of bishop’s weed (ajwain) in 500 grams of water for 15 minutes. Allow it to cool, then add two pinches of salt and gargle two times a day. This expels excessive mucous. This is another effective sore throat remedies.
3. Grind and mix dry fruits of Indian gooseberry (amla) and liquorice (mulethi) in equal quantities. Take this mixture one teaspoonful twice a day, in the morning and evening for two weeks. You can also take six grams of this mixture along with an equivalent amount of sugar candy with250 grams of milk. This is beneficial in relieving sore throat.
4. To get relief from throat pain and irritation, mix dry coriander (dhaniya) and sugar in equal quantities and chew one teaspoonful of it twice or thrice a day.
5. Pineapple juice is another useful home remedy for sore throat, but consume in small amounts at frequent intervals.
Sage is another effectual cure. Half a liter of boiling water should be poured on a handful of sage leaves. When fairly cool, a little vinegar and honey should be added as per taste. This mixture should be used as a gargle. A tablespoon of this mixture call also be taken internally at the same time. and more information on http://www.getallabout.com/natural-home-remedies/sore-throat-home-remedies.htm .