Heartburn is a common problem in today’s fast paced society and millions of sufferers experience the discomfort of chest pain on a regular basis. There are many medicines available over the counter but many prefer more natural methods and opt for heartburn home remedies instead.
There are several things that can cause acid reflux, as it is also known, that include, obesity, bad diet, lack of exercise or pregnancy. Over the counter methods of treatment can be effective to some extent, but as the problem is often a reoccurring one, it can work out extremely expensive.
Popular Heartburn Home Remedies
A solution to this problem is to use more natural methods and use heartburn home remedies. Often things that can be found in the average kitchen can bring much needed relief and ease the pain without costing a small fortune. Some of the most effective are;
1. Milk can have beneficial effects but it must be fat free as the fat found in other milk can stimulate the production of stomach acids and therefore increase the intensity of the symptoms.
2. Baking soda for heartburn is very effective as it neutralizes the acid bringing instant relief for the sufferer. When taking baking soda for heartburn, a teaspoon should be mixed with a glass of water and drunk when the symptoms first appear.
3. Apple cider vinegar is another good way to alleviate heartburn. Just add to water for an age old remedy to acid reflux that can bring relief almost instantaneously.
4. Eating a banana can help so for regular sufferers of heartburn getting into the habit of eating a banana a day is a good idea.
5. Food rich in garlic can also help, though food portions generally should be small and frequent rather than one or two large meals a day. This helps make the job of the digestive system easier so reduces acid build up in the stomach.
6. Chewing gum in-between meals is another way to reduce the risk of getting heartburn, though sugar free varieties should be used.
These tips are particularly helpful for pregnant women who often experience heartburn for the first time or more frequently than before. As diet must be changed anyway, knowing what natural heartburn remedies to use is particularly helpful as for pregnant women, the symptoms can appear much worse when felt in conjunction with other pains brought about by their condition.
It is important to remember that these remedies, like the over the counter ones, are only short term fixes and if symptoms persist, a doctor should be consulted. For a more long term solution to the problem, take a look through the website below.