Bronchitis refers to the inflammation of the bronchial tree, an important organ of respiratory track in the human body. Since the organ is related to the respiratory track, any adverse condition affecting the organ will affect the breathing too and therefore, in bronchitis, there will be difficulty in breathing. The condition occurs when the inner-wall that lines the main air passage of the lungs gets infected and then becomes inflamed.
There are many causes for bronchitis; one of the most common is infection. The infection can be due to virus or bacteria. Whatever the cause is, generally the condition may subside within couple of days without any great efforts except giving some proper antibiotic but if it is severe, it may turn to a worse condition in which, the breathing, sometimes gets difficult.
The bronchitis is closely related to another health ailment called bronchiolitis in which, there will be inflammation of bronchi. In both the conditions, the symptoms will remain almost same such as difficulty in breathing, coughing and wheezing sound may be heard by stethoscope or if they are severe, by distance too.
Some of the useful home remedies for bronchitis are mentioned below –
• One of the proven home remedy for bronchitis is taking one glass of milk then adding half teaspoon of turmeric powder and drinking it two to three times a day regularly on daily basis. It is advisable to have it on empty stomach.
• Another great home remedies for bronchitis is usage of the wonder drug ginger. This wonderful herb serves as the anti inflammatory and mucolytic. For this, take about ½ teaspoon each of ginger powder, pepper and cloves. One can either prepare tea by using that mixture or else one can simply lick that mixture powder with honey. This will help in boosting the immunity of a patient.
• Onion has great value as remedy in bronchitis. One should take one teaspoon of raw onion juice in the morning for at least 4 months.
• One of the best home remedies for bronchitis is take 50 gm of fresh spinach leaves and 250 ml of water. Add a bit of ammonium chloride and one teaspoon of honey to it. Take this mixture works wonderfully in curing bronchitis.
• For treating bronchitis, heat little bit castor oil planet leaves on a pan. Cool and then spread them on the chest of the affected person. This is to be done overnight. One should be cautious as castor oil planet is poisonous and therefore, should not be taken internally.
• One can also mix a mustard powder with equal amount of flour and water. Smear the mixture on the chest area of an affected person. One thing is to be noticed that some people might be sensitive to the mustard as it might sting and therefore, test on a small area first.
• Drinking fresh cabbage juice every day is good for bronchitis.
• One can pour a cup of boiling water into a cup with grind or cut horseradish root. Let it be for about five minutes and then drink it. Repeat three times a day for about 7 days.
• One can also put ½ tsp of licorice root tea in a cup of hot water. Let it be cool for ten minutes, strain and drink. Repeat thrice a day. This gives good results in bronchitis.