Hiatal hernia pain can be very agonizing. It can be a pain that is just a discomfort or it can be a pain that is unbearable. Hiatal hernia pain might never be a bother to you but to some it is constant struggle.
There are many ways to reduce the pain and to help you …I’m going to let you in on a few plain and simple methods you can start using right now to cope with hiatal hernia pain.
Below are five ways to help you with the hiatal hernia pain:
1. Do not eat before you go to bed. Eating at bedtime will cause you to be up in the middle of the night with pain throughout your stomach and chest.
2. Eat small meals instead of large ones. Cutting portions down will not only help in weight loss but will also help improve digestion.
3. Try not to strain when having bowel movements. Add plenty of fiber… ( apples are a good source of fiber)… into your diet to help with your bowel movements.
4. Sit up for at least a an hour after you eat to help your food to digest downward instead of coming upward.
5. Add a teaspoon of honey preferably at bedtime to your diet. Honey kills bacteria and aids in tissue repairing.
Hiatal hernia pain can be dealt with through your diet. Making lifestyle changes will allow you to avoid surgeries. Only about 5% of hiatal hernias end up in surgery. Almost all hiatal hernia pain can be treated by the change of diet and adding an exercise routine in your life.
Not only will you feel and look better, but you also benefit by not having to suffer with hiatal hernia pain and you will be strengthening your whole body with your diet changes.