GlobalData’s report, “Hepatitis B – Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global hepatitis B market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global hepatitis B market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global hepatitis B (Hep B)sector.
GlobalData’s analysis revealed that the market grew at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.9% since 2001 to reach $879m in 2009. Growth in the Hep B market will be driven by the increasing number of patients over the next few years. The current Hep B market is dominated by anti-viral therapies and this trend likely to continue, with no innovative molecules in the developmental pipeline. GlobalData’s analysis showed that the Hep B pipeline is weak in terms of the number of molecules. The pipeline molecules in the Hep B market primarily comprise of me-too molecules (five), and combination therapies (five), with efficacy and safety profiles similar to the present therapeutic options. The most promising molecules among them are combinations of entecavir plus adefovir and tenofovir plus emtricitabine.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global Hep B market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for seven years to 2016.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US (United States), the UK (United Kingdom), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing an overview of different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action are nucleoside/nucleotide anti-virals, glucocorticoids and Natural Killer Ts (NKTs).
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Hep B market. The key market players covered are Bristol-Myers Squibb and Gilead Science Inc.
- Insightful reviews of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessments, market characterization, unmet needs, and the implications for the future market associated with Hep B.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global hepatitis B market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global hepatitis B market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global hepatitis B market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
1 Table of contents 3
- 1.1 List of Tables 5
- 1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Hepatitis B: Market Characterization 6
- 2.1 Overview 6
- 2.2 Hepatitis B Market Size 6
- 2.3 Hepatitis B Market Forecast and CAGR 6
- 2.4 Drivers and Barriers for the Hep B Market 7
- 2.4.1 Drivers of the Hepatitis B Market 7
- 2.4.2 Barriers for the Hepatitis B Market 8
- 2.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 8
- 2.6 Key Takeaway 10
3 Hepatitis B Market: Competitive Assessment 11
- 3.1 Overview 11
- 3.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 11
- 3.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Hepatitis B Market 12
- 3.3.1 Baraclude (Entecavir) 12
- 3.3.2 Viread (Tenofovir) 13
- 3.3.3 Tyzeka (Telbivudine) 14
- 3.3.4 Hepsera (Adefovir Dipivoxil) 15
- 3.3.5 Epivir-HBV (lamivudine) 16
- 3.4 Key Takeaway 17
4 Hepatitis B: Pipeline Assessment 18
- 4.1 Overview 18
- 4.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 18
- 4.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 18
- 4.3 Hepatitis B Therapeutics – Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 19
- 4.4 Drugs under Clinical Development 19
- 4.4.1 Entecavir plus Adefovir combination therapy 19
- 4.4.2 Tenofovir plus Emtricitabine combination therapy 20
- 4.5 Hepatitis B Therapeutics Market – Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 21
- 4.6 Hepatitis B Pipeline – Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 21
- 4.6.1 Hepatitis B Therapeutics – Phase III Clinical Pipeline 22
- 4.6.2 Hepatitis B Therapeutics – Phase II Clinical Pipeline 22
- 4.6.3 Hepatitis B Therapeutics – Phase I Clinical Pipeline 22
- 4.6.4 Hepatitis B Therapeutics – Preclinical Pipeline 22
- 4.7 Discontinued / Suspended Drugs for Hepatitis B 23
- 4.8 Key Takeaway 23
5 Hepatitis B Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 24
6 Hepatitis B Market: Future Players in the Hepatitis B Market 25
- 6.1 Introduction 25
- 6.2 Bristol-Myers Squibb 25
- 6.2.1 Overview 25
- 6.2.2 Business Description 25
- 6.2.3 Infectious Disease Portfolio 26
- 6.2.4 Hepatitis B Product Portfolio 27
- 6.3 Gilead Sciences, Inc. 27
- 6.3.1 Overview 27
- 6.3.2 Business Description 27
- 6.3.3 Infectious Disease Portfolio 28
- 6.3.4 Hepatitis B Product Portfolio 29
7 Hepatitis B Market: Appendix 30
- 7.1 Definitions 30
- 7.2 Abbreviations 30
- 7.3 Research Methodology 30
- 7.3.1 Coverage 31
- 7.3.2 Secondary Research 31
- 7.3.3 Forecasting 32
- 7.3.4 Primary Research 35
- 7.3.5 Expert Panels 35
- 7.4 Contact Us 35
- 7.5 Disclaimer 35
- 7.6 Sources 36