Everyone always hears the standard recommendation when they twist an ankle. Ice it and rest. This is often known as the R.I.C.E. System which stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. While this is an O.K approach in the instant short term, there a re plenty of heavy lacks to this system of rehabilitation. They include :
Drawbacks of R.I.C.E. for a twisted ankle :
* customarily takes at least 2-8 weeks to heal.
* doesn’t increase range of motion.
* doesn’t correct neural damage.
* doesn’t buttress ankle.
* Increases possibility of ankle injury in the future.
* Increases chance of knee ( A.C.L. – Anterior Cruciate Ligament ) and hip injuries.
I have sprained my very own ankle a number of times during the past, because I play a lot of basketball. I have personally been throuugh all of the disappointment and agony that’s concerned with this sort of injury. Finally, I wondered if there was a better way to rehab myself then the old version of R.I.C.E. Since I could be a licensed trainer from one of the most prestigious fitness schedules in the united states, ( N.A.S.M. (National Academy of Sports Medicine), I already knew that there had to be an easier way. I just had to uncover it.
When you sprain an ankle, a lot of things happen. Beyond the clear swelling, rigidity, and bruising, there are 3 main issues that must be addressed to heal the ankle quickly and correctly :
1 ) The body has a tendency to heal very slowly. Left to itself, an ankle injury usually takes about 2-8 weeks to cure, depending on the severity of the injury. However when you actively rehabilitate it with specific exercises that fortify it and increase range of motion, the ankle replies very quickly and swelling goes down rapidly. My clients recover from a twisted ankle in days not weeks. They’re often walking typically inside 3-5 days after an ankle twist injury.
2) The ankle joint is weakened by the injury. If it’s not correctly rehabilitated, it’ll remain weak and may be very slow to cure. It will also be at uch greater risk of re-injury. You have got to strengthen the ligaments and muscles around the ankle joint. Since they have been damaged, they have to be stretched and strengthened in order to heal correctly. Further, by stretching and strengthening the ankle, we keep the blood moving in and out of that area which helps the ankle heal significantly faster.
3) After an ankle injury, there is a neural impairment. To explain, the communication between the nervous system and the ankle joint will be reduced. If this isn’t addressed, healing will naturally take much longer. Also, after you think your ankle is better, the neural impairment will continue, putting you in danger for injury in the future.
My system works to reduce swelling, bruising and pain while at the same time reinforcing the muscles around the ankle joint and augmenting suppleness. These aren’t contradictory things. You might imagine you only need rest and ice, but which will insure your recovery process is slow and incomplete. The ligaments need to be stretched and worked in such a fashion that the body will trigger the healing process. To paraphrase, the more flexible and powerful your ankle becomes, the quicker your body will work through the process of healing. you have to be extremely careful to not over-work the muscles by doing exercises that can overwork the muscles and possible cause more damage.
the better part about my program is that it is not just about speed. One of the unique things about my system is that it also repairs the neuromuscular damage from the injury. When you do damage to ligaments as in an ankle sprain, the nervous system and muscles in the ankle joint to speak as well anymore. If that isn’t addressed, then you may always have weaker, less flexible ankles that are in peril for future injury. In order to properly heal the ankle joint, we must first correct the diminished neural communication between the muscles and nervous system. This is totally addressed in my system with some incredibly easy and simple to do exercises.
Here are the main benefits of H.E.M. :
* agony free walking in days.
* Back to sports in roughly a week.
* seriously increases strength and pliability.
* Heals neuromuscular damage from the injury.
* seriously reduces your likelihood of future injury.
* Helps correct posture and muscle imbalances.
* May help significantly reduce knee, hip, back pain.
* Anyone can do it.
* It’s straightforward and only takes mins a day.
* Filled with top of the range pictures to insure straightforwardness of use.
Please, click here to find out more about H.E.M, the breakthrough new system for rehabilitating a twisted ankle.