Shaving is the easiest and the most commonly used method to remove unwanted hair. It helps get rid of unwanted hair by simply cutting the hair off at skin level using a shaver or a razor. Every woman wants to have flawless and hairless underarms that is why most women resort to shaving because it’s fast, relatively painless and could be used anytime. However, shaving also has it own share of disadvantages that’s why other people favor other hair removal techniques. With this, let me share to you some of the pros and cons of shaving your underarms. Here are some of them.
1. It is very accessible. You can shave at home or pretty much anywhere as long as you have a razor with you. You can shave anywhere and anytime you wish.
2. It is inexpensive. You actually don’t need anything else apart from a razor and a foamy body wash. Razors are fairly inexpensive and are available in almost every convenience store.
3. It is not painful. Unlike waxing, shaving won’t cause pain because you’re not removing hair from the root. You are just removing hair at the skin level so it is definitely pain free.
4. It is not messy. Again, as opposed to waxing, shaving won’t leave any sticky spots on your hands. You also don’t have to spend extra time cleaning off any mess because it’s practically mess free. Just hop into the shower or your bath tub and let
1. Its results last only for a couple of days. It only gives short term results. Hair is being cut only at the surface of the skin and the root is still left behind underneath which makes the hair continue to grow. You need to constantly shave to achieve hairless underarms.
2. It can darken your underarms. Constant shaving can cause abrasion to the skin which accumulates into dark skin. It can also cause 5 o’clock shadows on your underarm area which are very unsightly.
3. It can cause ingrown hairs. Often called razor bumps, ingrown hairs happens when the tip of the hair curls back or grows in a different direction inside the skin. It can cause redness, irritation, pain, severe itching and even scarring.
4. It thickens the hair. When you shave your underarms, hair can look darker and coarser because it has been cut straight across exposing the thicker part of the hair shaft.