Everybody always hears the standard advice when they sprain an ankle. Ice it and rest. This is known as the R.I.C.E. System which stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. While this is an OK approach in the immediate short term, there a re plenty of significant lacks to this system of rehabilitation. They include :
Drawbacks of R.I.C.E. for a twisted ankle :
* customarily takes at least 2-8 weeks to fix.
* doesn’t increase range of motion.
* does not correct neural damage.
* does not reinforce ankle.
* Increases likelihood of ankle injury in the future.
* Increases risk of knee ( A.C.L. – Anterior Cruciate Ligament ) and hip injuries.
I have sprained my personal ankle a number of times during the past, because I play plenty of basketball. I have personally been throuugh all of the disappointment and agony that’s concerned with this sort of injury. Eventually, I puzzled if there had been a neater way to rehabilitation myself then the old version of R.I.C.E. Since I regard myself as a licensed trainer from one of the most illustrious fitness schedules in the united states, ( N.A.S.M. (National Academy of Sports Medicine), I already knew that there had to be a simpler way. I just had to find it.
When you sprain an ankle, a lot of things happen. Beyond the apparent swelling, rigidity, and bruising, there are 3 main issues that must be addressed to cure the ankle quickly and correctly :
1 ) The body tends to heal very slowly. Left to itself, an ankle injury sometimes takes about 2-8 weeks to cure, depending on the seriousness of the injury. But , when you actively rehabilitate it with specific exercises that strengthen it and increase range of motion, the ankle replies very fast and swelling goes down quickly. My clients recover from a sprained ankle in days not weeks. They are usually walking typically within 3-5 days after an ankle twist injury.
2) The ankle joint is weakened by the injury. If it isn’t correctly rehabilitated, it will remain weak and may be very slow to fix. It will also be at uch bigger risk of re-injury. You have to fortify the ligaments and muscles round the ankle joint. Since they’ve been damaged, they have to be stretched and strengthened in order to heal properly. Further, by stretching and reinforcing the ankle, we keep the blood moving in and out of that area which helps the ankle heal significantly quicker.
3) After an ankle injury, there is a neural impairment. To explain, the communication between the nervous system and the ankle joint will be reduced. If this isn’t addressed, healing will naturally take much longer. Also, after you think your ankle is better, the neural impairment will continue, putting you in jeopardy for injury in the future.
My system works to reduce swelling, bruising and agony while at the same time strengthening the muscles around the ankle joint and accelerating pliability. These aren’t paradoxical things. You might imagine you only need rest and ice, but which will insure your recovery process is slow and unfinished. The ligaments need to be stretched and worked in such a manner that the body will trigger the process of healing. In other words, the more flexible and powerful your ankle becomes, the quicker your body will work through the process of healing. But , you’ve got to be awfully careful to not over-work the muscles by doing exercises which will overwork the muscles and possible cause more damage.
But , the better part about my program is that it’s not nearly speed. One of the unique things about my system is that it also repairs the neuromuscular damage from the injury. When you do damage to ligaments as in an ankle sprain, the nervous system and muscles in the ankle joint to speak as well anymore. If that’s not addressed, then you’ll always have weaker, less flexible ankles that are at risk for future injury. To correctly heal the ankle joint, we must first correct the impaired neural communication between the muscles and nervous system. This is totally addressed in my system with some incredibly simple and easy to do exercises.
Here are the main advantages of H.E.M. :
* discomfort free walking in days.
* Back to sports in roughly a week.
* noticeably increases strength and suppleness.
* Heals neuromuscular damage from the injury.
* seriously decreases your possibility of future injury.
* Helps correct posture and muscle imbalances.
* May help dramatically reduce knee, hip, back stiffness.
* Anyone can do it.
* It’s simple and will take only mins a day.
* Filled with high quality photographs to insure simplicity of use.
Please, click here to find out more about H.E.M, the breakthrough new system for rehabilitating a twisted ankle.