Most committed smokers refuse to research the hazards and side effects of smoking cigarettes that contain over 4000 deadly chemicals that will eventually kill you. Some people will say things like, ” oh well, there’s so many chemicals in the food we eat every day, so what’s the big deal”. Yes, I have to agree to some extent, but why add more poison to your body and besides, you need to eat but don’t need to smoke to survive.
Smoking is said to be worse than cocaine as far as addiction goes and is responsible for millions of deaths each and every year. I never appreciated anyone rubbing it into me and I knew it was wrong but I felt good when I smoked and didn’t show any signs of a problem. That’s when I was younger and it did catch up to me. It’s just a matter of time and trust me, the sooner you quit the better off you will be later on in life and besides, you will feel so much better in the days ahead. There are so many benefits of quitting smoking besides your health and this is why it’s time to take action.
The body starts healing almost immediately after that last cigarette. Within 8 hours, the carbon monoxide level will drop and the oxygen levels in the blood will increase. Within 48 hours, your sense of smell and taste buds will improve considerably and the chance of a heart attack starts to decrease and 72 hours, breathing becomes easier as lung capacity increases.
So what are the good reasons to stop smoking cigarettes:
1. No more smelly breath through smoking, or clothes that stink.
2. A reduction in serious diseases such as Emphysema, Bronchitis, Heart disease, Cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
3. Reduced risk of ear problems and better hearing.
4. The health of a child whose parents stop smoking will increase.
5. Lower bad cholesteral(LDL) levels and higher good cholesteral(HDL) levels
6. Fewer common colds and bout’s of flu or tonsillitis.
7. Financial gain due to the money saved from buying cigarettes.
8. Reduced risk of having problems with eyesight, bad breath and yellowed teeth
9. Better sex
10. Improved skin and less wrinkles.
11. A better feeling about yourself.
If you’re not ready to quit yet, that’s your decision. The fact that you’re still reading this article means that you’re on the right track and I’ll say this much, don’t quit if you’re not ready because the second time is much more difficult and besides you cigarette consumption will increase dramatically to make up for lost time. Also, be sure to have a damn good reason to quit smoking forever, or quitting will be difficult no matter what system you use. Understanding that living in severe pain later in life due to smoking is a pretty good reason or not being able to breathe normally, is another. This is why cigarette smoking is such a terrible sickness, because it doesn’t give to any warnings, when the time comes, it’ll get you down fast. People who die from smoking are the lucky ones, it’s those who live and suffer for years are much less fortunate, it’s sad to say!