Stuffy nose or running nose is common problems that are experienced by everyone and usually many times a year. You might have running nose because of cold, flu or seasonal allergies. Whenever the winter starts, most of the people fall prey from the problem of cough and cold.
Most of us have common notion that stuffy nose is due to thick mucus in the nasal passage. A stuffy nose can be caused by any of illness but it can be generally caused by two problem- bacterial sinusitis and fungal sinusitis.
It may associate with some symptoms but the most irritating one is stuffy nose. Whenever you have stuffy nose you may feel difficulty in breathing and sleeping becomes torture. It may also associate a kind of heaviness feeling in head. As it takes time to go away but you can help you to get rid of this problem by using some simple home remedies.
Here are some effective tips that can help you to relief from running nose and breathe more easily.
- Try to avoid eating foods that are rich in sugar and carbohydrates, as they aggravate the problem of stuffy nose.
- Take some cardamom seeds and crush them. Now, put it in the handkerchief. Tie it properly and place it near the pillow it will prove helpful in relieving stuffy nose.
- Best thing to get rid of stuffy nose is to avoid tobacco and smoking. Cigarette smoking can damage the lining of sinuses and cause swelling in the sinus membranes. Many smokers’ suffer from chronic sinusitis.
- Saltwater rinses and saline sprays can prove helpful in keeping the mucus thin and thus helpful to get rid of irritants. You can buy many nasal sprays from any of the drug store or you can either make it at home. To make the spray you need to dissolve the ½ teaspoon salt in 2 cup of warm water. Now, use the suction bulb to place the solution in your nose and put some of the warm salt water in cup of your hand and sniff it up. You can do it once with one of your nostril.
- You can take hot chicken soup when you’re suffering from a cold because it gives you the energy and calming feeling to continue on.
- Put 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar in 8 oz. water. Add two pinches of salt. Shake it well and put 2-3 drops into each nostril, it is an effective remedy to get rid of stuffy nose.