You have a big day tomorrow – whether it be the first day at a new school or on a new job, or maybe even a first date with someone you've met on the Internet and you want to make sure your "real time" face matches the one posted on your profile. Regardless, it's a big day, and you want to get rid of pimples overnight!
Relax. Here are some tips that have proven effective in treating pimples overnight, and one or more will most likely work for your big day.
• Make a fruit based masque. Take several slices of orange peel and mash until pulpy. Next add a small amount of warm water to create a masque-like consistency. Apply to the affected area for several hours (or while you sleep if you want to get rid of pimples overnight) and rinse clean with warm water.
• Make an oatmeal masque / scrub. Combine a small amount of cooked and still mildly warm oatmeal with honey. Mix together and use as a masque that helps soothe an affected area. Keep it on for up to 20 minutes before gently washing your face clean at which time the masque will also serve duty as a mild scrub. Do not over scrub – the keyword is "gentle" when it comes to washing your face.
• Make a natural facial scrub. Mix a small amount of baking soda with lukewarm water until it becomes thick but still pliable. Use this combination as a natural facial scrub that not only fights build up of oils and helps you get rid of pimples overnight but also soothes irritated skin in the process. Remember not to scrub too hard since your skin always appreciates a gentle cleansing over an abrasive one.
• Make an ice therapy treatment. An outbreak can take on a heated nature, so to counter that sensation and reduce redness in the process, take some ice that has been wrapped in a soft cloth and apply it to your skin to help soothe the affected area. This can be done for up to 10 minutes at a time and can be repeated several times during the last few hours before bed to help get rid of pimples overnight as well as in the morning before you leave the house.
• Make a drying treatment. By taking a pea size amount of toothpaste, applying it to the affected area before bed, and then rinsing clean in the morning you will have made a treatment that removes excess oils and leaves you with fresh face to greet the day.
• Make a lemon astringent. Take the juice from a fresh lemon and apply it to the affected area for a period of 10-15 minutes and then rinse with warm fresh water. The natural astringent quality from the citrus will remove oil and also help reduce redness and swelling. This procedure can be repeated once every three days for best results.
These are a few of the many remedies to help get rid of pimples overnight. There are many options for you to investigate and it's best to try several to see which one works best for your skin.