Gastritis is usually triggered by indigestion which causes an irritation in the stomach lining. When acid is produced in excess in the digestive system to help digestion, that’s when Gastritis naturally happens. It usually worsens with stress, alcohol, chemicals, surgeries, severe injury or illness. In a worse case scenario, it can cause severe intestinal bleeding.
The most noticeable symptom of Gastritis, natural is an increasing pain in the upper part of the belly. There may also be a shooting pain from the belly to the back. The pain may be short lived or prolonged depending on the cause of Gastritis. In more severe cases, there may be internal bleeding of the stomach.
When you notice mild symptoms then natural remedies can prove to be quite helpful. However, if symptoms like throwing up blood, profuse sweating. Shortness of breath, chest pain persists then, it definitely calls for immediate medical attention.
Simple home remedies can prevent and cure mild forms of gastritis natural. Chewing fresh ginger right before a meal, coconut water, a cup of potato juice, chewing roasted fennel at the end of each meal – all help to break down the food in the stomach and thus prevent gastritis. It has also been noticed that chewing of cloves and drinking a glass of milk is comforting for the stomach. Albeit, Cow’s milk works better than buffalo’s milk.
If you are a strict Vegan, then your diet should definitely include White Pumpkin, Bitter Gourd, Cucumber, Bananas and Oranges.
Asparagus aids in healing the stomach. The root of Asparagus cools the acidity of the stomach. Since stress can potentially aggravate the stomach condition, bitter chamomile tea alleviates tensions and worries. If there are symptoms of heartburn along with Gastritis then Cardamom can work wonders for the stomach. Amongst being helpful for a plethora of skin issues, gooseberries goes a long way in ameliorating stomach ailments.
It has also been noticed that when Sandalwood paste is applied externally, it has a soothing effect on the stomach muscles.
As the common ad-age goes, prevention is always better than cure. Here are a couple of things that help to keep your stomach in ship shape:
- Diet is an important natural element in preventing Gastritis. Try and adhere to a fixed meal time schedule. Don’t eat more or less than your body demands.
- Give a gap of at least two hours between your dinner and bedtime. That gives the body some time to digest the food.
- An excess of spicy/oily food is neither good for your skin, nor your stomach. It tends to aggravate the acid production in the stomach.
- Sesame seeds and curd should be avoided at all costs.
- Red meat is a key contributor to Gastritis. Limit its intake.
- Stale food tends to contain certain bacteria that add to gastritis.
- We tend to ignore our metabolism needs quite often due to stress or deadlines. Attend to those needs as soon as they arise.
- Coffee, tea, sodas, alcohol all cause inflammation of the stomach. Drink with discretion.
- Fibers and fresh fruits help to combat stomach issues. Indulge!