The article deals with the healing properties of various garden plants.
- Horseradish root contains mustard essential oil, various vitamins, carotene, sugars and mineral substances. You can use leaves and root of the plant. The whole plant is rich in phytoncides. Horseradish should be used to treat gout, rheumatism and anemia. It is proven to purify blood, stimulate appetite and facilitate digestion. Mix a bit of horseradish juice with water and drink the solution to deal with upper respiratory tract infection. You can use the juice as a mouth rinse and gargle. Rub the areas affected by radiculitis and myositis (inflammation of the muscle) with it. In addition, the juice can be used for facial masks and compresses to fight freckles and skin pigmentation.
- Chives contain essential oil, vitamin C, carotene, vitamin B, vitamin PP and mineral substances. You should use fresh plant. It is proven to stimulate appetite and fight anemia.
- Parsley contains essential oil responsible for the specific taste and pleasant smell. You should use leaves, root and seeds of this plant. Parsley leaves are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B, carotene, mineral substances and other biologically active substances. It can be used as a diuretic remedy in case of edema caused by heart failure, renal diseases and diseases of urinary bladder. It is proven to excrete salts out of your body. In addition, parsley improves digestion and fights intestinal colic. Fresh juice has an overall stimulating effect and strengthens the nervous system. The juice is intended for external use, as well, to deal with skin pigmentation, rash, sting, wound and gum inflammation.
- Celery contains essential oil, vitamin C, vitamin B, carotene, furocoumarins, mineral substances and other biologically active substances. You can use the whole plant. Celery is recognized as a plant capable to strengthen the nervous system, tone you up, increase the ability to perform intellectual work, activate metabolism, fight inflammation and calm you down. It has diuretic and bile-moving action. You should use the plant when suffering from rheumatism, stomach ulcer, neurosis, nettle-rush and duodenal ulcer. Celery juice or essential oil is proven to stimulate the movement of kidney. A decoction of root or leaves can be used to treat festering wound and sore.
- Thyme contains essential oil, bitter substances, tannins, flavonoids and other biologically active substances. You should use thyme tops. You can use the plant to facilitate anticipation in case of bronchitis and bronchial asthma. In addition, it is a great remedy to treat catarrh of the stomach, duodenal ulcer and meteorism. The plant stimulates the secretion of bile. The plant can be used externally, as well, as a mouth rinse and gargle. Moreover, you can add thyme decoction to medicinal bath to deal with rheumatism, gout, paresis, nerve pain and bruise.