Food Poisoning in San Carlos Caused By Nestlé Cookie Dough

As a result, one young woman, with many others likely to follow, has filed a lawsuit against Nestlé when she became infected with the bacteria after eating the cookie dough. She was held in the hospital for a week, but thankfully survived the encounter with the potentially deadly bacteria. In addition to this young woman’s case, there have been at least 70 other reported cases of E.coli that have resulted from eating Nestlé’s ready-to-bake cookie dough.

The young woman now filing the lawsuit against Nestlé reports that she ate approximately half of the container of Nestlé raw cookie dough right from the package. After a few days, she started to experience nausea and abdominal cramping. She didn’t link her symptoms to the potential for food poisoning, however, until she began to have bloody diarrhea. The young woman went to the hospital where a biopsy was performed and an infection caused by E.coli was found. Because of the potentially fatal results an E.coli infection can have, it was incredibly fortunate that the woman was able to be treated so quickly. If an E.coli infection goes unchecked, it can often lead to the kidney failure and death of its victim.

Investigators are still in the process of determining how Nestlé’s prepackaged cookie dough was contaminated with the E.coli bacteria. When E.coli infections break out, they can typically be linked to meat products that haven’t been cooked well. This is because E.coli bacteria live within the stomach and intestinal tract of cattle, goats, and several other types of farm animals. How and why the bacteria ended up in Nestlé Tollhouse prepackaged cookie dough remains a mystery that the FDA, along with Nestlé Food Corporation, is attempting to solve.

With the recent outbreak of Salmonellosis that was linked earlier this year to contaminated peanuts and pistachios, food safety has become the top priority of the FDA. These tainted nuts caused several deaths and hundreds of hospitalizations across the United States. If you or someone you love has contracted a serious illness from contaminated food products, you should call a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible. Food manufacturers are responsible for selling their consumers safe food products. Therefore, when the food you purchase has been contaminated, the company manufacturing it has likely shirked its duty to provide safe groceries for you and your family. A <a rel=”nofollow” onclick=”javascript:ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’, ‘/outgoing/article_exit_link/1037355’);” href=”http://www.robertreeveslaw.com/”>Los Angles personal injury attorney</a> can help you reach the settlement you deserve from the injuries you’ve sustained from contaminated food products. The young woman who spent a week in the hospital with an E.coli infection will likely receive all the compensation she needs to cover her medical expenses, as well as compensation for the pain and suffering she had to suffer.