Today's world has seen the increased use of chemicals in food, other products and in our air and water. This weakens the body's immune system. Over time, we become susceptible to various diseases and other health problems. Among the problems we and our children face are allergies.
What Is An Allergy?
An allergy is a reaction of the immune system to what is a normal substance in the environment. Common allergens are
- Dander of cats and dogs
Treatments For Allergies
There are several ways to control allergies. The marketplace is full of different products. As treatments for allergies, they promise relief from your allergy problem. Many brand name products do provide temporary allergy relief, but at what cost? The ingredients within these substances can cause side effects making you feel tired, listless and sleepy. This is not true with natural allergy remedies. Natural allergy remedies consist of a multifaceted approach. This involves the following aspects of your life style:
- Diet and Nutrition – select only high quality whole foods. This includes grains, legumes and vegetables. Steam instead of boiling or frying your food. Eat your food raw. This provides the enzymes you find your body will need to help digest your food completely
- Consider nutritional supplements as beneficial in helping your body fight against an allergy problem
- Get plenty of rest. Lack of sleep makes you more susceptible to allergies
- Spend time out of doors in the sunshine and fresh air
- Avoid stress, worry and other forms of anxiety. These contribute to the breakdown of your immune system and open you up to suffering from an allergy.
- Do not sleep on bedding made up of down
- Consider hydrotherapy
These methods may prove to be helpful. However, there are times when you may find you need to use a natural product.
Natural Allergy Treatments
Natural allergy remedies are those containing all-natural substances. The most common ingredients in these products are
- Quercitin – a flavonoid found in apples and onions
- Eyebright – this small, perennial plant has a long history in herbal treatments. Its anti-inflammatory and mild decongestant properties act together to reduce the response of your body to an allergen. Eyebright reduces eye irritation, sinus infections and the symptoms of hay fever
- Arsen Alb
- Nat Mur – a biochemical tissue salt that helps eliminate and control itching, hives, colds and hay fever resulting from exposure to allergens
- Kali Mur – a tissue salt that helps control head colds and digestive weaknesses
Natural allergy remedies ensure your body does not suffer any side effects if taken according to instructions. The treatment is gentle.
A commercial treatment for allergies tend to have undesirable side effects. To avoid these consider taking natural allergy remedies. If you combine such products with a sensible diet, you can help improve your immune system. In turn, this will help control and prevent any future allergy problem.