Sexual desire is one of the most powerful forces acting on human psyche. It is an essential part of general health. In some people, however, it may be infrequent, low or even completely absent. Such people face the enormous challenge of maintaining a good relationship with their marital partners. The biggest mistake many among the affected make is that they do not take medical advice. Instead of seeking safe treatment from competent and experienced specialists and doctors, many people end up suffering in silence. While solutions to low sexual desire exist, they are simply not put into service.
Why does low sexual desire occur?
The problem of has many roots:
1. Low testosterone: Decrease in testosterone level is a normal aspect of the ageing process. But when the testosterone level drops during adulthood or in the middle age, then the person becomes more and more uninterested in engaging in sexual activity.
2. Medication: Certain types of medication can artificially reduce the libidinal instinct. In this case, the most widely observed culprits are anti-depression and high blood pressure medication.
3. Psychological disorders: Problems like stress, anxiety and depression are becoming a common part of modern life. Such kind of psychological ailments can severely affect the libido level, thus making the person uninterested in sex.
4. Chronic pain: The presence of constant pain for several days can gradually dampen a person’s sexual desire. The pain can become so annoying and distracting that it may give rise to the problem.
5. Sleep problems: Research has shown time and again that people who have difficulty getting a good night’s sleep, face problems regarding their level of libido. People affected by sleep disorders like insomnia and sleep apnoea are at greater risk of suffering from low sexual desire than others.
How to tackle low sexual desire
This is indeed a serious problem, but a cure is not impossible. Today, the issue has gained much attention in the medical community. Clinics which specialize in treating sexual problems are present in most cities and towns. In the fight against this inadequacy, natural treatment has shown great promise. Ayurvedic and Unani treatment has been able to successfully cure the problem of low sexual desire by using herbal remedies and dietary changes. More and more specialists are now turning to safe treatment systems like Ayurveda and Unani in helping the affected find long-term relief from low sexual desire. These ancient medical disciplines are helping countless men and women revive their flagging desire and regain marital bliss in their lives in a natural, safe and effective manner, without the fear of any side effect.