How many times have you spit out those gross white balls from the back of your throat and your are wondering how do you cure tonsil stones? Well the solution is not as difficult as you may think. It is just a matter of doing a few steps to keep them under control.
First off we need to understand what they are made of. Tonsilloliths, as they are called in medical terms, are made of various things. They are made of oral bacteria, food particles, dead white blood cells, and mucous and postnasal drip. When these come together in the crevices of the tonsils and calcify they become those ugly stinky balls that come from the back of our throat.
So how do we get rid of them? Well the techniques I will describe are very simple and can be done at home.
1. use a an object with a soft tip to probe the tonsil in order to dislodge a tonsillolith
2. use the tongue, if it is flexible, and move it around the tonsillolith if you can feel it
3. apply pressure to the back of the throat by flexing it. This will cause the tonsillolith to eventually come out
4. Keep yourself hydrated so that oral bacteria does not accumulate.
5. Gargle with mouthwash or hydrogen peroxide.
6. Brush your teeth with baking soda or gargle using baking soda. This method is very effective and usually if you have a a few tonsilloliths stuck in the back of your throat then chances are they will come off fast.
Try the method or methods that you find more effective and you will remove those tonsil stones easily.