Over the last few years, fuller lips have become very popular and the size and shape of the lips can easily be enhanced with dermal filler treatment, giving more volume and a fuller look to the lips. Just a small amount of dermal filler can make all the difference in plumping up the lips and making them more defined.
Lots of people worry that after their filler treatment they'll leave the clinic with over inflated lips, sometimes called a trout pout, but be assured this will never happen if you use a fully trained practitioner at a reputable clinic. Choose a practitioner who has performed many of lip filler treatments as you should aim to leave the clinic with elegant looking luscious lips, which should get you only compliments.
- Lip enhancement: generally involves giving your lips the outline and definition that time has destroyed and it will also minimize any lipstick bleed. Dermal fillers will balance the cupids bow and will also define the philtrum ridges, further enhancing the features of the lips.
- Lip augmentation: involves inserting dermal filler into the lips to make the body of the lips fuller. You can give more substance by adding filler to the top and bottom lips.
Results include improving:
- Vermilion border – giving outline and definition
- The upper and lower lip – adds volume and substance to the lip.
- Cupid bow – balancing and clearing the cupids bow
- Philtrum ridges – defines the features of the lips.
- Creating fuller upper, or lower lips
- Removing fine lines around the mouth
Dermal filler treatments are always a popular procedure, they only take about 15 minutes and the results are almost instant. Usually one syringe of dermal filler is more than enough to make a big difference and the results will last around 6 months. Whether the aim is to restore volume that's been lost due to the aging process or to augment the lips for cosmetic reasons, an experienced doctor will have the training, skill and technique, to recommend what will best suit your face.
The great thing about lip fillers is how the results are almost immediate. After the injections, you may get some swelling, but once it has gone down, you'll see the effects without having to wait weeks to see your new lips. Filler treatments last a reasonable amount of time and get excellent results, but they are not a permanent solution and you will need top-up treatments.