Dead Sea is the world's saltiest ocean and the saline level ranges from 28% to 30%. It is due to the high mineral and salt content that the water has become very concentrated. Since ancient times, Dead Sea mud has been used by famous kings and queens like Cleopatra, Mark Antony, Queen of Sheba and many others and nowadays it has become all the more popular for its healing properties. People come from far off places to experience the healing power of this water body that contains bromide, potassium, magnesium and various other minerals in abundance.
As the evaporation rate is very high the water becomes concentrated with minerals that get absorbed into the mud found in the sea. The several layers of sedimentary clay that has been formed over thousands of years are rich in minerals that help to maintain a healthy skin. Research has found that this dead sea mud is very effective in curing diseases like acne, psoriasis, eczema, dry skin, arthritis, muscle stiffness etc. Not only this, the mud can be used as face masks that can make the skin look healthy and glowing. The mud acts as a natural cleansing agent and makes the skin free from bacteria, dirt and other harmful impurities. It is the unique combination of various minerals in the perfect ratio that makes Dead-Sea mud an amazing natural product for skin.
Benefits of Dead Sea Mud
- Improves blood circulation: Dead Sea mud is considered to be one of the healthiest things that you can use for your skin. You can apply the mud all over your body and face and gently massage it and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. The mud helps to improve the blood circulation, the nervous system and the metabolism of the body.
- Acts as a cleanser: Dead Sea mud contains lots of minerals that act as a natural cleanser that exfoliates and nourishes the skin and makes it glow and look young and healthy. The mud masks can enhance the skin by removing the toxins present in the skin cells and make it refreshed and completely clean.
- Cures skin disorders: Potassium and magnesium plays a vital role in curing various skin diseases. Minerals that are present in the Dead Sea mud can boost the healing power of the skin and rejuvenates the damaged skin tissues. The mud has the power to cure acnes, psoriasis, dry skin, skin allergies, eczema etc and make the skin look youthful and gentle.
- Cures hair loss: Applying Dead Sea mud can stimulate hair roots, eliminate dandruff, and cure dermatitis and hair loss. Studies reveal that the minerals present in the mud strengthen the hair roots when applied to the scalp and improvements the growth of hair and makes it lustrous and healthy.
- Anti aging: The mud when applied on the skin, extracts the toxins and other impurities present in it that makes the skin firm and wrinkle free. The fine lines disappear, leaving the skin supple and tender.
- Reduces arthritis and rheumatism: Using Dead Sea mud can treat you from the pain as the minerals have great healing powers. They help in blood circulation and relax the muscles and the joints thereby making the body free from stress and tension.
The usage of Dead Sea mud has become quite common for its extensive healing properties. It acts as a cleanser, moisturizer, exfoliating agent that improves the metabolism of the skin cells and leaves it radiant. Recently there are various products available in the market that enterprises of Dead Sea mud that helps to cure various ailments, but probably the best idea is to visit the Dead Sea and join thousands of tourists enjoying these great benefits from the source itself.