Most of these yeast infection remedies use will help relieve both the symptoms, and the actual cause. While the remedies listed here are generally harmless, as with any type of treatment you should seek professional help when warranted.
A yeast infection, especially on the genital area, can be very disturbing. The terrible itching that is associated with the condition causes discomfort for a lot of people. The main culprit in these infections is said to be a fungus called Candida albicans. This fungus is normally present, in minimal amounts, in some areas of the body that are warm and moist. Candida albicans start to proliferate when some changes in the body disturb the normal balance and the areas where they thrive become conducive to more growth.
Although more commonly heard of in women, this kind of infection does not have a predisposition to a specific gender. This means that both men and women have equal chances of acquiring the condition.
The symptoms of a yeast infection can include terrible itching, genital pain due to irritation or inflammation, genital discharges, odor, and frequent urination. For women, most of these signs appear before you have your menstruation. Additionally for men, the presence of a red rash at the tip of the penis is observed.
If you are experiencing the signs and symptoms of an infection, there is no need to panic just yet. There are several solutions in order for you to get over it. Here are some home remedies you may use to treat yeast infection:
* Some people have greatly benefited from the use of yogurt which contains lactobacilli, a type of probiotic that is said to heal the infections. It basically stops the growth of Candida albicans. Tea tree oil may also be used. For women, you may make use of a tampon that is dipped in yogurt or tea tree oil, insert it inside your vagina. Repeat the procedure twice a day.
* You may make use of garlic paste. Apply this on the surface of the infected area. A stinging sensation may be felt for a short period of time but it is nothing compared to the agony you experience brought about by yeast infection.
* Apply an antifungal cream in your vagina. Aside from blocking the fungi, it eases pain caused by the inflammation of irritation.
* Soaking in tub with warm water may give you benefits, but adding a cup of apple cider vinegar will do wonders to your condition. Soak for about 20 minutes then dry your genital area with the use of an absorbent paper. Do this before you start your day and before going to sleep.
* Avoid constrictive clothing especially in the groin area. Also, choose cotton materials instead of synthetic ones. Avoid the use of tight jeans and tight underwear as this will cause more moisture to accumulate.
* Most importantly, practice good hygiene. Wash your genitals often using mild soap and water then remember to rinse it properly.
These yeast infection home remedies are instant solutions on how you can prevent or treat yeast infections at home. Remember that a yeast infection is not a serious condition. However, their symptoms are quite similar to sexually transmitted diseases (STD) so you may not know if what you have is STD or just a yeast infection. When you are in doubt, consult a doctor right away. Vaginal yeast infection may not be a severe illness, but it may lead to urinary tract infection. To prevent this mild infection from becoming serious, consult your doctor for diagnosis and then follow these home treatment remedies as soon as possible.