Generally, people have a good reason to develop a variety of medicines for a variety of medical disorders. Everyone wants a healthy body and to live happy, normal, and productive lives. At the same time, it is impossible to be always healthy. With so many bacteria and viruses around, it is quite normal to get infected by a bacteria or virus.
Bronchitis is known to be one among the world's most common respiratory disorders. It is characterized by inflammation of the bronchial tubes, and can disrupt its victims' day-to-day lives. Fortunately, there are many herbal cures for bronchitis.
There are two types of bronchitis – acute and chronic. Virus, bacteria, or fungus are responsible for acute bronchitis. The signs of acute bronchitis include mild chest pain, low grade fever, sinusitis, pressure around the areas of the eyes, persistent productive cough, wheezing, fatigue, and discomfort in the chest.
Acute bronchitis is easy to manage, control, and treat. When properly treated, it lasts for not more than a couple of weeks and is usually followed by flu or common cold. As soon as you recognize these symptoms in yourself or a loved one, visit your doctor. Physicians can determine whether your condition is caused by a bacteria, virus, or fungus. After diagnosing the condition accurately, a doctor is in a position to prepare the perfect treatment plan for you.
Virus-caused acute bronchitis does not require any special medication to bring about a cure. You could consider taking a few drugs, such as anti-inflammatory drugs, decongestants, expectorants, and pain killers, in order to obtain relief from bronchitis symptoms. The addition of a few herbal cures for bronchitis forms an ideal treatment plan.
Never take any drugs without first consulting your doctor. This is because you might have an allergy to a particular type of drug. Moreover, some drugs, such as aspirin, are dangerous for pregnant women and children, especially when taken in combination with other types of drugs.
Research has shown that many herbal cures for bronchitis that are highly effective in giving relief from the distressing symptoms of bronchitis. Consider the following herbal cures if you are suffering from bronchitis:
1. Eucalyptus oil can help alleviate cough. It liquifies the phlegm and makes it easy for the body to expel it from the lungs. A number of physicians from different parts of the world advise bronchitis patients to use eucalyptus.
2. Garlic is yet another herbal remedy that can prevent, or at least lessen the chances of contracting bronchitis. Eat plenty of garlic; it contains chemicals that are anti-virus and anti-bacterial. To put it differently, garlic is an excellent natural antibacterial and antiviral herb.
3. Recently, studies have shown that the stinging variety of nettle has the properties to cure bronchitis and other forms of respiratory disorders. Drink the juice of its roots and leaves along with sugar or honey.
4. Take plenty of herbal sources of vitamin C.
5. Herbs that contain magnesium can also help bronchitis patients.
6. Drink the juice of oregano leaves.
The best method to prevent bronchitis is to make major lifestyle changes such as giving up cigarettes and alcohol. If you live in a polluted region, move to a cleaner zone. Regular exercises are essential to maintain the health of your respiratory system.
Many times, acute bronchitis is mistaken to be common cold. A doctor is the only person who can tell the difference. So, if you suspect that you have contracted bronchitis, visit the doctor and get your condition properly diagnosed so that an effective treatment plan can be prepared. Neglect to do this might lead to complications such as chronic bronchitis, which will leave you disabled for life.