Practice this cure on a day off.
* Have a healthy and balanced breakfast in your dressing gown.
* Take a warm shower or sauna.
* Rub your skin with body lotion and your feet with foot creme.
* Put on some comfortable clothes.
* Go for a long walk in surroundings that you like. If necessary, drive or take a bus / train somewhere where you can feel better, and walk there.
* When you come back home, make yourself a cup of hot tea on St. John's Wort, rosemary or lavender.
* Make yourself comfortable in your favourite sofa or armchair.
* Read a good book or magazine.
* Listen to your favourite music. (It should be something cheerful)
* Make sure you are warm. Slippers and a blanket may come handy.
* Be sure to have fresh air in the room. Take some deep breaths to fill your lungs.
* Give yourself a tapping massage, rub your arms and neck.
* Talk to yourself: tell yourself you are doing fine and you are a wonderful person!
This cure will help you through the day. Repeat it as often as you need it. The more you repeat it, the more your brain will start to believe you feel better. Treat yourself well, say good things to yourself, even if you do not believe them to be true. Neuroscience shows that the unconscious part of the brain does not know the difference between truth and lie. And our unconscious part of the brain is 5/6 of the brain – which is a lot! This means our unconscious mind is very powerful. So when you say these positive affirmations to yourself, your unconscious mind will take them as the truth. Keep on with this, and after a few weeks your conscious mind will believe it too, because you have made new connections in your brain. You will know when this happens, because you will feel better.
Practice this cure regularly, and do it even if you do not see results immediately. Results will follow, as you repeat the cure. Repetition is what creates a habit, and when you have repeated the procedure often enough, you will have a new habit. And habits are hard to break, as you know. But that is not all. You will find yourself believing you feel better, as a result of your unconscious mind, which is working wonders for you.
Our brain is a wonderful and powerful thing. Throughout our life, we can make new connections and positive changes. Whether you expect it or not, you will feel better if you keep repeating this cure against depression.