Most people experience normal fluctuations in mood. This is a relatively normal experience. However, there are many who suffer with fluctuations in mood on a consistent basis. Many even experience relatively low moods for extended periods of time. This is often referred to as “depression”. There are also individuals that suffer from the effects of unrealistic anxiety on a consistent basis. It has been found that most people who experience depression often also experience anxiety often. Many may feel burdened by these moods, but are unable to find a constructive way of coping. Here, we will express some methods in coping with depression and anxiety.
When a person experiences a loss, faces high levels of stress, or experiences a medical condition, it may be normal to encounter depression. There are many signs and symptoms associated with depression. The following represents just some of these:
– An individual may find that they are experiencing complications in various areas of their life. This may include troubled relationships at school, work, and in the personal life.
– Many who experience depression may find that the feelings that they experience are causing difficulties in their life. For example, they may not have the energy or the desire to do the things that they need to do, experience the things that they once enjoyed, or pursue new hobbies.
– Depression may result in an individual becoming sick on a consistent basis. This is because depression may actually cause the immunity to weaken.
– Many may encounter feelings of despair, lack of self-esteem, loss of hope. These are all very common symptoms associated with depression.
– Individuals who are depressed often experience feelings of pessimism. They tend to have a negative outlook, even in the face of optimism.
– Many who are depressed may gain weight, or even lose weight. This is often quite common because of the fact that the depressed individual will not eat as they should.
– Many individuals who are depressed will experience extreme fluctuations in mood swings to include anxiety, irritability, and even anger – which are a unique combination of many different emotions.
– Severely depressed people will often consider suicidal thoughts.
Anxiety is often experienced when an individual experiences depression. Just like depression, anxiety has a number of common symptoms that are experienced. Here, we will explain the symptoms that may be experienced.
– Those that experience anxiety may also experience complications when it comes to breathing.
– Many may feel pressure in and around the chest area. This is often caused by palpitations and fears that surround the individual who experiences anxiety.
– Many people who experience anxiety may suffer from tremors and shaking.
– Dizziness is a common sign of this condition.
– Many people may get physically ill when they experience anxiety. This may include vomiting, hot flashes, feeling cold, and similar symptoms.
There are many different methods in which an individual may cope from the effects of depression and anxiety. The first method, of course, is medication. There are medications that are designed for depression, and those that are designed for both. Many professionals agree that if you are coping with depression and anxiety, it may be best to pursue therapy sessions and group support meetings as well. This has been found to be an excellent method when it comes to coping.
Many classes and support groups offer methods in which an individual can deal effectively with depression and anxiety. It is important to ensure that you learn these techniques in order to better understand how to approach these situations in a positive manner. Being positive and discovering coping strategies are an excellent means to ensuring that you reduce the symptoms of depression and anxiety in your life. There are also many natural herbal remedies that can supplement this type of training. Examples include Black Cohosh Root, and St. Johns Wort.
Remember, the first step to receiving help is admitting that you need it.