Constipation cure is an individual’s best friend especially during a bout of constipation. In fact there are various types of constipation remedy, you have the otc medications such as constipation laxatives, the home made remedies, natural and alternative remedies.
But are you aware that consuming ample amounts of high fiber fruits is enough to be considered as constipation remedy? As constipation is due to an individual’s lack of balanced diet, like for example, lack of fiber in the diet, certain fruits contain an amazing amount of fiber that could make up for the lack of fiber in an unbalanced diet and pave the way for constipation treatment.
Be aware that while these fruits are enough for some people to treat acute or occasional constipation problem, there are other kinds of constipation relief for people with chronic constipation.
Tired of eating vegetables? Try fruits to remedy constipation problem.
Here are some of the most widely recommended fruits you can use to alleviate your problem with constipation. It is up to you if you prefer non-organic or organic fruits. Either way, you would still get the same amount of fiber, though minus the pesticides in organic fruits. So be sure to consume the fruits you bought as soon as possible because the longer the fruit sits on your fruit basket, the more they lose their essential nutrients.
1. Apricot. Apricots are natural laxatives, fiber rich and contain the most important vitamins A and C. It’s also high in potassium content as well as many other minerals. You could choose from fresh and dried apricots, but dried apricots are usually higher in essential vitamins and minerals. But those who have ulcers must avoid dried fruits for they can trigger hyperacidity.
2. Blueberry. Blueberries are natural constipation laxatives and this fruits are known for its effect on reducing inflammations. Because it is a natural laxative and an anti-inflammatory substance at the same time, it’s good for constipation immediate relief and lowering inflammations in the intestinal tract that is due to constipation. Blueberries also contain anthocyanosides known to carry off certain viruses and bacteria.
3. Cherry. Cherries, other than being delectable are also known as the best bets for constipation cure since they contain components that could trigger peristaltic action in the intestinal tract. Also cherries are high in fiber, potassium, Vitamins B1 and B2, niacin and folic acid.
4. Grape. Grape fruits are rich in fiber, manganese, minerals and vitamins. These fruits have a laxative effect, so consuming at least 2 lbs of grapes daily would provide constipation relief for those people with occasional constipation problem.
5. Mangoes. Aside from being delectable, mangoes are perfect for constipation relief since it contains ample amount of fiber, vitamin C and other vitamins and essential minerals.
6. Papaya. Aside from being rich in beta carotene, papaya is also rich in papain and other essential mineral and vitamins. The papain enzyme provides constipation cure and helps in removing mucus in the intestines and colon. Papaya also helps in reducing cell wastes.
7. Prunes and Plums. Plums are rich in minerals which are great for cleansing the gastrointestinal tract and colon. Prunes, on other hand are dried plums and have high iron content. While both fruits have laxative effect, prunes are proven to have a more constipation laxative effect than plums.