Cold sores are a very common disease that affects most people in their lives. For many people, they are very ugly especially if they appear on their lips. They feel miserable and embarrassed to suffer from them.
Cold sores are called fever blister or oral herpes. It caused by the infection herpes simplex virus type 1 and once you have had it then you can get it again and again. The virus lies dormant in the nerve cells in your skin and break out again anytime as an active infection when the trigger that causes of herpes outbreak comes. It can never be cured completely. But you can prevent more outbreaks by avoiding those things that seem to cause a sore to appear, such as exposure to the sun, illness, salty food or extreme stress, foods containing high levels of arginine, such as nuts and chocolate can cause an outbreak.
The symptoms look similar to blisters and usually appear near the skin on your lips or mouth. Normally you will experience itchiness, swelling and soreness in a day or two near you lips, and then appears small, red or brown painful blisters. The blister may burst. Symptoms may stay for up to about 2 weeks. If you scratch the blister, it can cause more pain and complication.
There are many different treatment options available for anyone suffering from oral herpes now. You can find medication without a prescription (over the counter) but they only relief the symptoms that make you feel better but they do not decrease the healing time. Others medication such antiviral drugs need a prescription from a doctor. Some antiviral drugs have a good effect to keep back the herpes outbreaks but the effect only when you still using the medication. It might be a good idea to discuss options with your doctor about it.
Home remedy can be your best treatment solution to cure your cold sore, because they contain substances that build up immune system in your body to heal from the infection and helping you manage with a lifelong condition. And one important thing, there are no dangerous side effects when use home remedies.
There are some of simple home remedies:
– Lysine is essential amino acids that can suppress herpes simplex virus (HSV type 1) and reduce the duration. Take foods that contain rich sources of lysine such as milk, yogurt, meat, eggs, cheese and fish.
– Aloe Vera can accelerate the process of healing and prevents the outbreak sores. You can use extract of aloe plant from your plant at home or aloe based cream also available as over the counter (OTC) medication.
– Tea bag contains tannic acid that has antiviral properties to decrease the symptoms of oral herpes. Simply apply a damp bag of black tea on the blisters on lips for around ten minutes and repeated 3-4 times every day.
– Lemon balm is another natural remedy has been shown to have antiviral properties, accelerate the healing of blisters and reduce the frequency of recurrences if used on a regular basis. You can find lemon balm cream in over the counter (OTC) medication.
– Petroleum jelly helps to moisturize and soften cold sore that helpful to prevent from cracking and bleeding. Petroleum jelly is available in over the counter (OTC) medication.
Spend some time to learn more about home remedies for herpes so you will understand about them and find the best treatment for you. Stop the miserable and embarrassment from oral herpes now!
For more information, Click here: Remedies for Cold Sores!