There are many different forms of
The main cause in children is prenatal injury to the brain. Sometimes, the cause of the brain injury is unknown, and other times there are many known factors that contribute to the development of
However, there are some known conditions which can either cause
Thedisability can also develop after birth due to brain injuries early in life, such as trauma, dehydration, or stroke.
Treatment varies depending on the child, but typically includes a combination of the following.
* Physical therapy to stretch and work muscles
* Occupational therapy, to assist with regular tasks
* Speech therapy to improve language and help with pronunciation difficulties
* Using hearing aids or glasses to correct vision and hearing impairments
* Drug therapy to reduce muscle spasms and help relaxation. Some recommended products are baclofen, phenol or Botox
* Technology which helps mobilize people and give them ways to communicate
* Improve joint movement through surgery
* Hyperbaric oxygen therapy or other alternative therapies.
When Medical Malpractice is to Blame
Unfortunately, sometimes this condition is preventable, but medical errors occur during delivery. When this happens, legal actions should take place. Negligent parties are held financially responsible for damages to
If you experienced a traumatic delivery, and medical malpractice is under suspicion as the cause to your child’s condition, then contact a medical lawyer as soon as possible. Doing this will ensure you your legal rights.