Chest congestion is related with the feeling of tightness or congestion in the chest which may be usually due to accumulation of mucus and the fluid in the lower part of the respiratory tract. In some cases even the heart ailments may be the cause of the congestion in the chest.
At times the congestion in the chest may be due to certain infection in the respiratory tract or certain allergic reactions. Due to these symptoms there occurs inflammation which in turn results into accumulation of mucus and gives rise to the congestion of chest.
Due to chest congestion patient suffers from lots of frustrating complications and it also requires proper and prompt attention. This problem can be treated with the help of natural remedies.
Some of the major causes and symptoms of chest congestion are related with the disease like cold, pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma, emphysema and also air borne allergies which causes post nasal drips. Due to this problem the mucus in the sinuses slides down into the lungs and results into the congestion in the chest.
Some other conditions which give rise to the problem of chest congestion are lung cancer, croup, gastroesophageal, pulmonary edema, cystic fibrosis, heart problems etc.
The symptom of chest congestion is usually characterized by the feeling of tightness in the chest and also difficulties in breathing. This condition is associated by the problem of wheezing and pain. The person who is affected by this problem has a tendency to expel a lot of mucus from the lungs.
Some of the important natural remedies for treating this problem –
1. One of an effective natural remedy is to chew 2-3 black pepper seeds for treating this problem.
2. Prepare a saline solution to gargle. It is the simplest natural remedies for chest congestion. This remedy is effective in children as well as in adults.
3. Some of the therapies like yoga and aromatherapy have found to be valuable and effective in treating this problem.
4. You can also massage the chest with essential oil as it will help you in reducing the problem of congestion.
5. Increase the intake of warm fluids in your diet. It is one of the simplest and effective natural remedy to reduce this problem.
6. Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables which are rich in minerals, essential vitamins and antioxidants.
These home remedies are useful and effective in treating this problem.