Cold sores are humiliating. When people stare at them and make jokes about them, it can be embarrassing. Not knowing what cause them can be frustrating, too. So, what I’m going to do is share with you some causes of cold sores.
That way, you will know what causes a breakout and what you can do to cure it.
The causes of cold sores are:
1. The first cause of cold sores is arginine. Large amounts of arginine and low stores of lysine in your cells can trigger a cold sore outbreak. Arginine and lysine both compete for space in your cells. So, by increasing the amount of lysine in your cell, you can reduce, or prevent, an outbreak of cold sores.
2. Being exposed to wind is also a cause of cold sores. If it’s cold outside and the wind is blowing, you may have an outbreak.
3. Stress is another cause of cold sores. If you experience severe stress, you are at risk of an outbreak.
4. Another cause of cold sores is sun exposure. Over exposure of the sun can cause you to have an outbreak. So, limit the time you spend in the sun.
5. Having a weak immune system is another cause of cold sores. If you have a weak immune system, you are vulnerable to an outbreak. So, if you have chronic outbreaks, your immune system is weak. Make sure you eat well-balanced meals.
These are the causes of cold sores. If you have sores, you need do to something about it right now. By waiting, you are putting yourself at risk of having a severe outbreak and having your cold sores spread. So, you need to learn how to cure them now.