Testicular pain is normally experienced by most men. Once the pain occurs frequently, and gets severe it leaves them become anxious and concerned. Pain in the testicles is usually experienced by men of all ages, whether they are younger or old enough. When testicular pain occurs, it can be the number sign that the testicle has lost its blood supply.
Testicular painfulness has numerous causes, and some of which are emergencies that require immediate medical attention. The causes may include the following:
• Trauma to the testicles is often the common cause of bad testicle pain. A direct shock to the men’s scrotum can certainly bring severe pain. This may then result into a bruise. In some cases, trauma may result to a more substantial injury that usually requires medical attention and even surgery.
• Testicular torque is a serious condition and necessitates a medical emergency. This happens when a testicle twists forcedly inside the scrotum. When testicle twists, the blood vessels in the spermatic cord is also twisted that results to breakage of blood supply to the testicle.
• Testicle infection is another cause of testicular pain. When the epididymis is inflamed, it is normally due to an infection. This is usually common in men ages 18 and above.
The first important goal is to identify whether the pain is caused by testicular torsion or not. This is vital because, this condition requires immediate medical emergency. The following signs to look after are the following:
• Pain from testicular torsion
• Pain from epididymitis
• Swollen of the testicles and scrotum
• Nausea and vomiting
• Pain during urination
• Blood in the urine
Once the testicular pain gets severe, and is accompanied with the above mentioned symptoms, it is advisable to seek medical help immediately. This is a serious circumstance, and needs immediate attention. This usually requires surgery in order to save and treat the testicle.
The best treatment for testicular pain is through surgery, but to temporarily ease the pain, pain medicines can be applied. Such medicines may include Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen. Antibiotics are also given by doctors.