Cardiac Surgery has become a specialty in India with the latest technological advances and ethical management practices. Top and best cardiac hospitals in India combine the latest innovations in medical electronics with unmatched expertise by leading cardiologists and cardo-thoracic surgeons in India. These centers have the distinction of providing comprehensive cardiac care spanning from basic facilities in preventive cardiology to the most sophisticated curative technology. Even patients with no medical insurance can get low cost cardiac surgery done in India.
What is Cardiac Surgery?
Cardiac surgery is a surgery on the heart performed by cardiac surgeons. Frequently, it is done to treat complications of ischemic heart disease (for example, coronary artery bypass grafting), correct congenital heart disease, or treat valvular heart disease caused by various causes including endocarditis. It also includes heart transplantation.
Each day, thousands of people in the world have cardiac surgery (also known as heart surgery). Cardiac surgery is used to correct heart problems in children and adults. When medication and catheter-based treatments do not relieve your symptoms then cardiac surgery may be your only option for treatment for a range of heart conditions, including but not limited to mitral valve prolapse (MVP), atrial septal defect (ASD), and coronary artery disease. Facing either traditional heart surgery or open heart surgery to treat disorders occurring in the chest cavity can be a frightening experience. You have several decisions to make including choosing your cardiac surgeon, your hospital, and which procedure you and your physician choose.
Various cardiac conditions treated in India are as follows
· Angina Pectoris
· Atrial Fibrillation
· Cardiac Sarcoma
· Congenital Heart Defects
· Coronary Heart Disease
· Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
· Heart Failure
· Heart Murmurs
· Heart Valve Diseases
· High Blood Pressure / Hypertension
· Mitral Valve Prolapse
· Peripheral Vascular Disease
· Rheumatic Heart Disease
Following are important diagnostic tests done before your cardiac surgery in India;
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Stress Test
- Echocardiography Coronary Angiogram
- Chest X-ray
- Cardiac Computed Tomography
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Benefits of Cardiac Surgery in India
- Cardiac surgery may be the only way to bring an afflicted person up to normal functioning levels.
- Quality of life improves considerably after cardiac surgery.
- After cardiac surgery, patients can improve their health and lessen their likelihood of further cardiac disease and a future heart attack.
- Continuous advances in operative techniques and preoperative care have led to a steady decline in operativemortality, and cardiac surgery can be performed safely in patientsof 80 years and older with good mid-term results.
- Cost of cardiac surgery in India is seen as the major benefit for international patients proving quality surgery at affordable price