Candidiasis treatment for pregnant women, especially if you are on your first trimester, should be handled carefully. During pregnancy, you maybe faced with many challenges, which includes the risk of having yeast infection. Though, you are worried for the possible complications it may bring to your baby, you are still lucky to have wide range of remedies to choose from.
Candidiasis is more common when you are pregnant because of several reasons:
1) hormonal changes in your body during pregnancy;
2) your previous use of antibiotics,
3) previous use of birth control pills and methods,
4) undergo stressful activities and;
5) consumption of coffee, tea or carbonated drinks.
During pregnancy, your vagina becomes loaded with converted glucose known as glycogen, which is likely favorable to the growth of the microorganisms that causes Candidiasis; Candida albicans is the most common fungi that cause yeast infection.
If you are pregnant and affected by Candidiasis, then you may notice the following symptoms; painful urination, painful sexual intercourse, enlarged or swollen vulva, itchiness or discomfort in the vagina and surrounding area, and a foul smelling white discharge may be coming out from the vagina.
Once you are diagnosed with yeast infection during pregnancy, your obstetrician or gynecologists may be alarmed and will definitely prescribe some antifungal ointment or cream. Usually these are topical treatment hence it is not healthy to give you oral medicines while you are expectant.
For pregnant women like you, home remedies and natural treatment is the best method to get rid of Candidiasis.
Here are some recommended treatments to stop Candidiasis:
1. You can consume a natural live yogurt. Natural live yogurt usually contains a pro-biotic known as acidophilus. You may also insert generous amount of this yogurt into your vagina wash your vagina thoroughly after 30 minutes.
2. You may use a clove of garlic as an antifungal agent. You have to lightly pound a peeled clove of garlic and insert it in your vagina. Garlic is a potent antifungal that contains an active ingredient called as allicin. Allicin can kill bacteria, virus and fungi.
3. You must avoid wearing tight underwear. Discontinue wearing tight fitted underwear since it reduces blood and air circulation in your vagina. You must wear something comfortable.
4. You must avoid long, warm baths. Candida albicans are organism that thrives on hot and moist areas.
5. You should not perform vaginal douching. When you are pregnant, douching is not advisable since it does not only eliminate bad bacteria, but also kills the normal flora that prevents you to have further infection.
6. You can use Gentian Violet in water base. This is a proven effective vaginal wash. It is equally a good for nipples with yeast infection.
7. You have to strictly adhere to a yeast free diet. Avoiding foods which contain yeast is the best action to stop and prevent overgrowth of yeast in your body.
8. You must avoid high consumption of sugar in your diet. Huge amount of sugar and carbohydrates in your diet promotes rapid increase of Candida albicans in your body.
Candidiasis treatment for during pregnancy usually lasts from seven to about ten days. Topical medications should be used until, symptoms are gone and all other natural measure to treat yeast infection should be maintained. And in a couple of days, itching and all other discomforts will finally disappear.