I'm assuming since you searched for Candida overgrowth symptoms, you are pretty certain that you have this fungal infection in your body. Candida is another word for 'yeast infections', since Candida is the main part of what makes them. Contrary to popular belief, men and women can both suffer from yeast infections, and if not properly treated in either they can be potentially disastrous.
Because of the great treatments out on the market at the moment, it seems that the most important part of treating Candida is actually identifying it in the first place. So how do you identify it, and what are the Candida overgrowth symptoms?
I have outlined a few of the most common Candida overgrowth symptoms here:
- Itchiness: This may be the first one that you encounter since it will irritate your entire body, although it is typically localized in the genital region for most people.
- White discharge: Many people complain of this as being one of the main Candida symptoms, and it is certainly the most disturbing. You may find that parts of your body look like they are leaking, and this is down to the fungal element of Candida in your body.
- Burning sensations: People often get slightly different types of burning sensations in their bodies. Some people describe it as a numb feeling while others say it just feels sore. Whatever you feel, this is one of the main signs that you have Candidiasis and should never be ignored.
- Rashes: Suffers of yeast infections will 99% of the time get a red rash around the affected area (usually the genitals). While you nearly always get a rash when you have Candida, it is not healthy to absorb that any red rash in that area might be a yeast infection, but it is always wise to consult your doctor when one appears.
- Sudden dislike for sugary foods: Suffers often complain that they no longer like the taste of foods with a high level of sugar in them. It is well known that the Candida fungi thrive on sugar and that they need sugar to grow. This is your body's way of telling you that sugar is making things worse (and that you have a yeast infection, and is a tell-tale symptom).
- Mood swings: Another of the main signs is that you may encounter severe mood swings – from ecstasy one minute to sadness and despair the next. Although not clinically proven, there have been several cases of sufferers complaining of these.
The reason why you may encounter only some of these Candida overgrowth symptoms, while someone else might get them all is because there are several different types of yeast fungal infection, and that we all react differently to them.