Girls with wavy, curly, kinky, or nappy hair: Finally there is a solution! It’s the latest trend and fad that all the celebrities are doing. It’s called a Brazilian Hair Straightening. This treatment is setting the new standard for straight hair.
This treatment will turn your hair from drag to fab in less than 2 hours depending on the length of your hair. The best part is that it lasts up to 4 months! So no more weekly visits to the salon for a $100 checkup and no more monthly re-treatment visits to your favorite barbershop, the Brazilian keratin hair straightening treatment is it girls.
What is a Brazilian Hair Straightening Treatment?
Brazilian Keratin Hair Straightening is a revolutionary treatment is an intense treatment that softens, smoothens, and most important gives you straight hair.
It does not use any strong chemicals to open and close the hair cuticle in an effort to straighten it, breaking the bones of the hair shaft. Keratin is a natural substance, which comprises approximately 88% of your hair. It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage.
It is Keratin based which is a type of protein high in sulphur and the amino acid cystine, making it tough, elastic and insoluble. These qualities are fundamental to the strong structural role keratin often plays in nature. It is a major component of horns, hooves and wool. In fact, keratin is the main protective substance in our hair, skin and nails.
This is not a permanent straightening but a natural treatment. Therefore when the product is gone, your hair will be back to its natural form.
Who can get this treatment?
It’s recommended for all types of hair: virgin, colored, highlighted, previously straightened, kinky, curly, and wavy hair. The beautiful part about this treatment is that it lasts for a long time. You can expect up to 3-4 solid months of beautiful straight hair. Good luck with your Brazilian hair straightening treatment.
- Can be used over any kind of straightening.
- Based on keratin that naturally straightens.
- Works better over colored or chemically treated hair.
- You can go into the pool or ocean after this treatment. (After 4 days)
- Pregnant or nursing women cannot get this treatment done.
- Will remain in virgin hair for 2 months, any other type of hair for 3-4 months.
There are some things you want to look out for when searching for a salon that offers thermal reconditioning. First, find out which straightening product they use. The best Brazilian hair straightening system is ‘Chocolate’ which is imported directly from Brazil. This is the system that the major salons use. Second, make sure the technician performing the service has plenty of experience in the process. Most good salon’s will provide you before and after photos of past clients.
Things You Can Do The First 4 Days
Initially there are some precautionary steps to take to ensure the best straightening possible.
- You do want to wear your hair down for at least 4 days to allow the product to settle in your hair.
- Do use a blow dryer or flatiron as needed, (in case hair gets wet during the first four days.)
- Do wear a silk scarf to pull your hair away from your face.
- Do use a shampoo without Sodium-Chloride (Sulfate-Free) on your hair at all times.
Things Not To Do For The First 4 Days
- Don’t wash your hair for the first time.
- Do not tie your hair into a ponytail.
- Do not use hair clips.
- Do not place your hair behind your ears.
- Do not exercise or sweat.
- Do not use hair bands.
- Do not use your glasses to hold your hair back.
- Do not use sprays, gel or mousses.
Bottom line, if your hair is unruly, frizzy, or overly curly and you would like to have low maintenance, hassle free hair that is shiny and straight, a “Brazilian Hair Straightening” is just the thing for you. I hope you enjoy beautiful straight hair.