Bad breath caused by stomach problems is not common with the general population, but there have been documented causes when this breath condition comes from the stomach. There are several factors involved in nasty breath caused by stomach problems. Knowing what these factors are can help you identify the underlying issue and what steps you need to take to get rid of bad breath from stomach problems.
The stomach is where all food ends up to be processed into nutrients that the body can use. Along with food, the stomach also contains bacteria that assist in breaking down the food. However, not all bacteria can be classified as “good”. It’s the bad bacteria that can be harmful and produce bad breath from stomach problems.
Some sources of bad breath from stomach bacteria include:
1. Helicobacter Pylori are bacteria that cause the common stomach ulcer. This produces the stench, especially when you belch.
2. Skipping a meal can cause the stomach to send the acids normally used for digestion to the throat, which causes foul breath.
3. Imbalance of bacteria can also cause bad breath from stomach problems. As mentioned earlier, your stomach has a balance of good and bad bacteria. If more bad bacteria is produced or stays in the stomach, this can be a cause of not so nice breath. An easy way to cure this is to take a daily probiotic supplement either in tablet form or through ingestion of yogurt. This is rich in good bacteria to help restore balance in your stomach.
Other causes of bad breath from stomach problems can originate from your digestive system. It can be caused by the following instances:
1. Eating hard to digest food. Food that remain largely undigested go straight to the liver and putrefy there, causing the foul breath due to stomach problems. Sometimes, it also causes an overproduction of stomach acids, which emanate and cause bad breath.
2. Heartburn is normally due to acid in the stomach flowing up into the throat. This is similar to acid reflux and can be triggered by caffeinated soft drinks or coffee. Foul breath from stomach acid is distinctive.
3. Nausea can be caused by bad bacteria in the stomach. It is a sign that your stomach may not like something you’ve recently eaten.A foul breath normally accompanies the nausea and may be a signal that you are about to regurgitate your stomach contents.
These are some common causes of bad breath from stomach acids or bacteria. The best way to avoid these is to watch what you eat to make sure your stomach stays healthy.