Athlete's foot is actually a fungal infection. It can spread to other parts of the body, including the groin. On other parts of the body, it is known by different names, including tinea. It may also be referred to as ringworm, although the ring-shaped rash is not usually present when it affects the feet.
• cracking and
• pain as the conditions becomes worse.
A secondary bacterial infection can occur if treatment is delayed. Swelling and inflammation may occur, especially if the skin cracks and raw tissue is exposed.
• What is the Cause?
The cause is a fungus called Trichophyton. The infection is contagious. The fungi can live on surfaces other than the body. It thrives in warm moist environments. So, contact with the fungus typically occurs in locker rooms, public showers and bathhouses. It may also be transmitted from one person to another when footwear, clothing or towels are shared.
• How to Relieve the Symptoms of Athletes Foot
After bathing, you should dry the feet carefully and apply a good body lotion. Allow the body lotion to dry, before putting on socks and shoes.
Some lotions have natural anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal activity. These compounds relate itching, pain and inflammation. They promote healing and reduce the risk of secondary bacterial infection.
The benefits are due to specific ingredients like:
• Active manuka honey,
• Functional Keratin and
• Vitamin B5.
A good Body Lotion contains all of the above ingredients.
• How to Cure the Infection
In some cases, anti-fungal medications are needed to cure the infection. If a secondary bacterial infection is present, oral antibiotics may be necessary. A Good Active Body Lotion can help, because active manuka honey has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal activity.
• How to Prevent Athlete's Foot in the Future
You should avoid walking barefoot in public places and never share footwear or towels with other people. But, the best thing you can do to prevent future infections of this and other kinds is to use the Body Lotion every day after you shower.
• What are the benefits of using Body Lotion?
The benefits include:
• Reduced risk of skin infections like Athlete's foot, because of active manuka honey
• Reduced risk of irritations and inflammation, because of the anti-inflammatory activity of Functional Keratin and vitamin B5
• Softer, smoother skin, because of Functional Keratin and other moisturizing ingredients
• Younger looking skin, Functional Keratin and manuka honey have anti-aging antioxidant activity
• Skin injuries faster faster, because vitamin B5 promotes tissues repair
** Additional Recommendations
Most cases of tinea heal on their own within three months, if the person's immune system is strong. If you have frequent infections of any kind, your immune system needs support. I recommend a daily multi-nutritional supplement. Omega-3 fish oil will also help to strengthen your immune system.
Supplementation will further reduce your risk of getting athlete's foot in the future. See the Resource Box below for a FREE Skin Care Guide and Newsletter that help you look younger and healthier.