Everyday I speak with people who earnestly want to grow their businesses. It is not difficult to imagine serving more people, having all the clients you desire, possibly moving into a larger space. They can easily imagine increasing profits and can see the freedom that will bring to their lives and families. My first question to any business owner that expresses these desires is 'are you really ready to double or triple your business?'. You may think that no one would say no (and you're right), but it's actually rare that the business is really prepared for such a dramatic move. Whether it's producing more wheelchairs, serving more patients, or selling more merchandise there are many pieces to the puzzle. If we design a way to bring more people to your door, it's vital that they can be served well, without you burning out on the way to the top.
It's time to look at what it will take for you to make a massive difference in your bottom line. Before you consider building an awesome marketing strategy, there's another important step. Steps that will set you up for success well into the future, and contribute to your brand personality. Steps that will absolutely free you to be the CEO of your venture, allowing you to focus and balance your energies.
No matter where you are in the growth of your business look at the following:
- Imagine how your daily life would be impacted by doubling business and see what it would take to handle that growth. Make a list, to reference moving forward.
- Consider what services / products you would add or subtract that would allow this gain to occur.
- Hire the team, design systems, outline the activities that such growth would imply as necessary.
- Get super clear what you've need, and the budget it would take to pull it off. Be realistic .;)
- Then chunk it down into bite-sized pieces so you can move into these actions. If you are not ready for radical growth, it could sink you. I want you to swim.
Recently, a not-so-successful business owner participated in the 'Marketing Mastery ACTION Group' and was able to move into a full practice in only 6 months time. Which cave her new challenges to conquer. The process is easily repeated at any stage of expansion.
Get the support you need to accomplish this task. Doing it alone is not the best option. Can I help you double and triple your business? Yes, as part of your team, we can go there, and I'd be glad to assist. But most of all it's important to get there healthy, ready for the next level and the next and the next.