Brand name: Tegretol Generic name: Carbamazepine Synonyms: Carbatol, Intol, Atretol, Biston, Calepsin, Carbatrol, Carbelan, Epitol, Equetro, Finlepsin Description:
Tegretol (Carbamazepine) is an anticonvulsant used to treat seizures. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tegretol is used for:
Controlling certain types of epileptic seizures. It is also used to treat severe pain of the jaw or cheek caused by a facial nerve problem (trigeminal neuralgia). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.Tegretol is an anticonvulsant. It works to control seizures by blocking certain nerve impulses in the brain. It works to treat trigeminal neuralgia by altering nerve impulses in certain facial nerves, which relieves pain.
How to use Tegretol:
Use Tegretol as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
* Take Tegretol by mouth with or without food.
* Eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice may increase the risk of this medicine”s side effects. Talk with your doctor before including grapefruit or grapefruit juice in your diet.
* Do not suddenly stop taking Tegretol . You may have an increase risk of side effects (eg, seizures). If you need to stop Tegretol or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
* Take Tegretol on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
* Taking Tegretol at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
* Continue to take Tegretol even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
* If you miss a dose of Tegretol , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tegretol.
Possible side effects of Tegretol:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
* Dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; nausea; unsteadiness; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
* Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry, or bloody stools; calf pain, swelling, or tenderness; change in the amount of urine produced; chest pain; confusion; dark urine; decreased coordination; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; joint pain; loss of appetite; mental or mood changes; pain, tenderness, or unusual swelling in the neck, groin, or under the arms; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe or persistent dizziness or headache; severe or persistent nausea or vomiting; shortness of breath; speech problems; stomach pain; sudden unusual weight gain; swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet; swollen lymph nodes; ulcers or sores in the mouth; uncontrolled muscle movements; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision or eye problems; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
buy Tegretol, order Tegretol