Many women wonder if there is an Anti Fibroid Diet, that is, whether there are certain foods to shrink fibroids. Indeed, what you eat can play a large part in helping to manage to symptoms of fibroids and also plays an important part when used as a component of a holistic plan to eliminate fibroids completely.
There are 10 basic principles involved in an anti fibroid diet.
1. Keep portion sizes moderate and use common sense. Fats should only be a small part of your diet and you should avoid saturated fats completely. Eat no less than 40g of healthy carbohydrate each day
2. Eat good quality foods and avoid those with pesticides or other pollutants
3. Eat organic produce wherever possible
4. Eat very lean meats only and ensure they are organically produced
5. Sprouting non starchy vegetables and green leafy vegetables are good foods to shrink fibroids
6. Eat grains and legumes in moderation
7. Avoid acidic foods-try to stick to alkaline forming foodstuffs
8. Do not eat dairy foods
9. Ensure that over 50% of your diet comprises of raw foods
10. Avoid refined and processed foods-natural is best
In addition to the above principles, a good anti fibroid diet should exclude white sugar at all costs, as this can cause spikes in your insulin levels, leading to hormonal changes which will “fuel” fibroids. Also, supplementation of essential nutrients and pro and prebiotics will help.
Also worth a mention is water. Being well-hydrated is essential as if the internal organs become dehydrated, they are more likely to remain diseased and therefore less able to carry out internal detoxification and repair.
Of course, an anti fibroid diet is vital if you want to be successful in shrinking fibroids. However, it is important to see it in the context of it being one important part of an overall strategy to eliminate your fibroids for good. Other important elements include detoxification, stress management and lifestyle modification.