A prestigious herb finds it mention in charak samhita as a rasayan. Rasayan is a thing that prevent aging and promote longevity. Extensively used herb in making ayurvedic medicines because of its miraculous actions. According to ayurvedic doctors regular usage of Amla will make you live more then 100 years like a youth. Amla is supposed to rejuvenate all the organ systems of the body, provide strength and wellness. It keeps us away from all the diseases by boosting our immune system.
Known as Emblica officinalis in biological terms and amlaki in Sanskrit language, is richest natural source of vitamin C. Amla possess five out of six rasa. Only lavan rasa is not present. It is sheet virya (cold potency) in nature. It also possesses guru (heavy), ruksh (dry) and sheet (cold) properties, which make it, work best on pitta disorders, although it helps in suppressing all the three aggravated doshas.
Amla has a medium sized tree, which ranges from 20 – 25 foot. It possesses yellow-colored flowers that blossom from February to May. Its fruit is greenish yellow in appearance, which is available from October to April. It generally occurs in the area 4500 ft. above sea level. Plant part used is fruit.
Amla is a wonder herb with numerous indications. Due to its sheet virya potency it is widely used in diseases caused by pitta disorders. It has found an esteemed place in ayurvedic preparations. Chawanprash, triphala and amlaki rasayan possess dominance of Amla. It is used to substitute vitamin C in disease like scurvy. It has actions on all the systems of the body.
Following are the indications:
· Digestive system- due to presence of five rasa it finds it s application in decreased appetite, indigestion, acidity, constipation, gastric troubles, and flatulence. It also helps in restoring mouth taste and promotes salivation. It also strengthens the teeth. It is helpful in improving liver function. Good results have also been seen in gastric ulcers, as it is sheet virya in potency. It is also beneficial in piles.
· Circulatory system- it has a good effect on circulatory system and is of great importance to heart. It keeps check on all the toxins in the body circulating in blood; moreover it also checks the plaque formation in arteries, as it possesses tickt rasa. It helps in lowering cholesterol and blood sugar level. It helps in producing good quality red blood cells.
· Respiratory system- It is very helpful in countering kapha, hence very helpful in throwing out sputum from the respiratory tract. It gives very good results in chronic cough, child hood and allergic asthma and tuberculosis.
· Nervous system- As it also helps in suppressing vata dosha therefore, it is extremely helpful in providing nourishment to the nerves and is helpful in paralytic conditions. It also works as brain tonic and helps to grasp thing easily. It makes our sense organs work well and makes our reflexes sharp It is also helpful in marinating calmness in mind and suppresses mental tensions and stress. It also improves general intelligence level of a person.
· Reproductive system- It helps in improving quality of sperms due to its madhur (sweet) vipaka property. It is also helpful in curbing discharges from vagina and is responsible for toning and providing strength to the female genital tract.
· Excretory system- it is helpful in condition s like Dysurea (painful urination).
· Skin- it is very helpful in skin diseases as it has sheet virya in potency. It inhibits pitta and thus helps in getting relief from it. All the skin disorders are caused by pitta dominance. Regular use of Amla promotes glow on skin and delays wrinkles or loosening of skin. Good results have been found in eczema.
· Hairs- its internal use as well as its local application on scalp gives good results in hair loss. It stimulates hair follicles thus promoting hair growth and also improves texture of the hair. It also prevents premature graying of hairs and dandruff. Indian women generally use Amla to wash their hairs, which act as natural hair conditioner.
· It acts as anti pyretic agent due to sheet virya potency. It also acts as anti-inflammatory agent thereby suppresses pain and swelling.
· Eyes- It finds great application in improving eyesight. It also counters diseases like reddening, itching and watering of eyes. Good results have also been seen in cataracts.
· General –As it comes under the category of rasayan, hence works as anti aging agent. It also improves general health weakness. It keeps tridoshas i.e. vata pitta and kapha in balance there by marinating equilibrium in body. It also makes our body’s immune system strong therefore help to fight diseases.
Know more about Amla Highest Vitamin C, Emblica, Indian Gooseberry, Amla Uses, Benefits and Tulsi- Basil, Holy Basil (Tulsi) Benefits, Research, Uses, Supplements by visiting http://www.morphemeremedies.com