You looked in the mirror this morning and what did you see? That's right, a pimple. For those of you who are tired of waking up in the morning and finding more and more pimples, I offer the following advice to help with your acne skin care.
1. If you are a big coffee drinker, then it is time for you to stop. Some people have reported that their acne started to clear up after they stopped drinking coffee. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of the people who quit drinking coffee actually notice a difference in the severity of their acne. But, if you do not try it, you will never know if it will help your acne.
2. Honey is a terrific way to do away with the acne on your face. Ask any Apitherapists (honey therapists) and they will commend this treatment for your acne. Start off by thoroughly but gently washing your face with an oil-free cleansing agent and water, and try not to break any of the pimples open.
Pat dry your face and then place the honey onto your acne, leaving it on for 20 minutes or so. It is essential that you keep to this routine and employ the honey every morning and once more at night before going to sleep. You will start to find an improvement in your acne soon.
3. Caffeine, sugar and refined carbohydrates should be avoided. Consuming these items may cause your sebaceous glands to increase oil production, contributing to an eruption of acne. Whenever possible, try to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
Foods that are high in minerals and vitamins, such as fruits and vegetables are a must. They will be easy to digest and will help your body to eliminate toxins that may have built up over time. If you keep your body healthy, you will be less likely to have an outbreak of acne.
4. You can also employ toothpaste to help you clear up your acne. This method has gotten results for a lot of people. Put some toothpaste onto your zits before you go to bed at night and leave it on overnight.
Wash the toothpaste off in the morning with warm water. Do this every day until your acne is gone. How long it will take to absolutely eliminate your acne changes from person to person.
5. Use soap that is hypoallergenic when you wash your face to help control your acne. You need to remove the extra oil from your skin and washing twice each day with hypoallergenic soap is a good means to do it. You can also try utilizing an exfoliant to help you get rid of dead skin cells which can contribute to acne build-up.