7 Quick Home Heartburn Remedies
Finding a home remedy for heartburn is not difficult; you just have to know where to look! When you feel that pain in your chest starting to hit, there are natural heartburn remedies around the house that will provide you with instant relief. Whether you don’t have medication or choose not to take any, this article will provide you with some easy to find home heartburn remedies.
Heartburn is becoming more and more prevalent as our lifestyles and diet habits are becoming poorer and poorer. Even though there are home heartburn remedies that will provide instant relief, you should consult a doctor and find out how to stop heartburn or acid reflux before it gets worse.
With that said, let’s get to those home heartburn remedies.
1. Saliva will help ease your heartburn. Try swallowing some, and if you need help producing more saliva think of a food that you absolutely love, or chew some gum.
2. Oftentimes, heartburn occurs due to gas pressing on the stomach. Try to make yourself burp by drinking a carbonated beverage. This should relieve some of the gas pressure and help you feel better.
3. Drink plenty or water and other beverages. When heartburn occurs, water will help reduce the acidity in the stomach.
4. The best way to instantly cure heartburn or acid reflux is by using antacids or baking soda. These neutralize acid in the stomach, causing you to immediately feel better. Baking soda is readily available in any store, is inexpensive, and you probably already have it around the house.
5. Do you have tea lying around? Herbal tea will make you feel better, especially ginger tea.
6. Aloe Vera has also proven to be a great heartburn home remedy. It has an alkalizing effect on the body, meaning it will help neutralize acid, and thus will relieve your heartburn. Aloe Vera juice is readily available in capsule or liquid form in many supermarkets and stores.
7. This is the most important home heartburn remedy; you must lose weight and stop smoking. Both of these have been linked to heartburn and acid reflux, and are essential to your overall health.
This list should help you relieve your heartburn using easy home remedies, but they are no substitute for serious medical care. If you are experiencing severe, often heartburn pain you should immediately consult a doctor. If your heartburn is a rare occurrence, then by all means give these home heartburn remedies a shot.