As you probably already know, ingrown toenails can be a real pain. Not only are they extremely annoying and uncomfortable, but they can also be extremely painful. I want to go ahead and take the time to share with you my story. After that, I would like to give you some remedies that you can use on your ingrown toenail, from the comfort of your own home. Finally, I would like to provide you with my favorite solutions, for this problem. Also, if you’re interested, I will give you some final recommendations, and tips.
I had my first ingrown toenail only a few months ago. After noticing that I had some pain near the toenail region, I noticed that my toenail actually began to grow inwards, into the skin. Of course, I caught it earlier, and being the guy I am, did a bunch of research on home remedies. No more than 2 weeks later, my problem was completely cured. Of course, everyone’s situation is different, so if you find that your problem is severe, you may want to take a visit to the doctor. Otherwise, the following remedies may work well for you.
1. Salt Water – Simply give your feet a salt water soak. This works extremely well, and kills bacteria.
2. Lemon – Use lemon juice or lemon to lower the chance of your ingrown toenail becoming infected.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide – You’ve probably used it on a small cut before. This is a great way to kill bacteria and prevent infection.
4. Tea Tree Oil – Another great way to clean the area and prevent infection.
5. Soap and Water – To make things simple, you can always clean the area with soap and water. I recommend using anything but bar soap, as bar soap can harvest bacteria.
6. Cotton Wool – Placing a small amount of cotton wool under the toenail can actually cause it to begin to grow outwards again. This is one of my favorite methods.
7. Tight Shoes – Finally, ingrown toenails can be caused by wearing tight shoes. Always make sure that your shoes wear properly, to avoid future problems.
Out of all of the tips above, I highly recommend using tip 1, 6, and 7. The first step is to always clean the area. The second step is to get your toenail growing outwards again. The third step is preventing future ingrown toenails.