The energy from glucose helps us perform different work and maintains the functions of the body. There are actually many different types of diabetes which have been found to be affecting the human body. Lack of knowledge and improper treatment of diabetes can be dangerous for your health. For proper treatment determining the type of your diabetes is essential.
How does the different diabetes type affect our body?
Diabetes is a deadly disease that can affect different body parts adversely if not treated with care and caution. Following are some bad effects of diabetes:
· Severe form of this disease can lead to the damage of the retina. Retinal damage can cause blindness in a patient.
· The kidney is often affected by this disease. Impaired kidney functions can lead to kidney failure and permanent disability of the kidneys.
· Diabetes also negatively affects the nerve functions. This leads to ulcer and wounds in the feet. People have to get their leg amputated due to such ulcers / wounds, if the case becomes an extreme.
· High blood sugar levels are also known to affect the blood pressure levels and cholesterol levels adversely.
· Nervous dysfunction caused by this disease can cause gastro-paresis or paralysis of the stomach functions.
The Main Diabetes Type Discussed:
- Type 1 Diabetes : Type 1 Diabetes is also referred to as Juvenile Diabetes, Insulin- Dependent Diabetes or Immune-Mediated Diabetes. It is not as common as Type 2 Diabetes. In an approximate estimate, 10% of the world's diagnosed diabetes cases belong to this category. Typically this type of diabetes affects people who belong to the age group below 40. It is often found in teenagers and young-adults. The scientists and researchers are not entirely sure about the causes of this type of disease. Type 1 Diabetes is mainly caused due to an acute lack or absence of the hormone insulin. Patients are given insulin injections on a regular basis to keep the disease under check.
- Type 2 Diabetes : This type of diabetes is found in an approximate of 90% patients diagnosed with Diabetes. Type 2 Diabetes is also referred to as the Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes or the Adult-Onset Diabetes. In this type of diabetes the body resists the functions of the insulin or the insulin's general functions are disrupted. Obesity is one of the many reasons behind this type of diabetes. It is quite risky and the risk increases with age.
- Gestational Diabetes (GDM): This kind of Diabetes occurs during pregnancy in women. The mother and child both are at risk of getting the Type 2 Diabetes in the coming future. Every 1 in 25 pregnant women have been found with GDM.
- Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young ( MODY) : MODY is found only in 1% -2% of the people diagnosed with diabetes. It generally occurs in persons below the age of 25 and is genetically passed on from parents to the kids.
- Diabetes Insipidus: This is quite an uncommon variety of diabetes which causes the patient to urinate many times in a short period of time.
How to treat the Different Diabetes Type?
· Patients are advised to consume a well-balanced diet which is rich in fiber and does not contain saturated fats or high amounts of sweet or sugar.
· Exercising on a daily basis is necessary.
· Proper medical care and medicines.
Diabetes is often considered to be a lifestyle disorder disease. Positive changes can cur the diabetes type you are suffering from.