If you are in a pinch for some additional cash, donating blood plasma for money might be the ideal option for you. There are blood plasma centers located throughout the U.S. that will pay you a fee (generally between $25-$45) for each donation of plasma that you give. The plasma is then sold to hospitals and research facilities across the globe. But before you roll up your sleeve to donate, you better be sure that you understand what’s involved.
5 Things You Should Know About Donating Blood Plasma For Money:
1. The first visit is always the longest. In order to qualify to donate plasma, you will need to get a physical and some basic blood tests done. Don’t worry, this will all be done at the donation center. They need to ensure that you have no major diseases like HIV or hepatitis. You first visit will last between 2-3 hours. Many blood plasma donation centers give an additional bonus payment for this initial visit.
2. Most donation centers make you wait at least 72 hours between visits. What this means to you is that you can donate blood plasma for money twice a week max. But if you are getting $25 per visit and can go twice a week, that’s an extra $200 a month ($2400 a year). And that’s using conservative numbers.
3. Some factors can disqualify you immediately. If you have gotten a tattoo or piercing lately, then the donation center will probably not approve you. Many diseases (especially those affecting the blood or immune system) can cause you to be instantly disqualified. Same goes for certain prescription drugs, as well as illegal drugs (you WILL get tested).
4. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids before and after your donation. The process of removing blood plasma will definitely make you dehydrated. Drinking fluids will prevent you from getting some of the symptoms associated with dehydration like headaches, dizziness, and nausea.
5. Your plasma is being put to good use. The plasma that you donate is used to treat burn victims and those with hemophilia. It is also being used by researchers to find new cures and treatments for a variety of medical conditions. Feel proud knowing that your plasma is helping people.
Donating blood plasma for money, when done consistently, can result in a minimum of $200 earned each month. All this for trading a few hours each week listening to music while your blood is being withdrawn. If you don’t get queasy over needles and can pass the medical requirements, donating blood plasma can definitely get you some quick and easy cash to spend or invest.