Hair loss happens everyday. It is perfectly normal for a person to lose one hundred strands of hair daily. While losing hair is one part of the cycle of hair growth, excessive and permanent hair loss becomes an embarrassment.
There are basically five kinds of hair loss:
1. Androgenetic alopecia. It is also called as the pattern baldness.
Androgenetic alopecia is usually heredity. A family history of Androgenetic alopecia can increase the risks of hair loss. Age is another contributing factor to this particular condition.
2. Cicatricial alopecia. It is also called the scarring alopecia. Cicatricial alopecia resulted from inflammation and is a permanent condition. Inflammation damages the follicle of the hair and causes scarring. New hair can not grow due to the scars.
3. Alopecia areata. It is a result of an autoimmune disease. Nobody knows why alopecia areata occurs. Those who suffer from alopecia areata are healthy.
4. Telogen effluvium. Telogen effluvium is a temporary condition. It is a result of physical, physiological, and emotional shock. Distressing event such as the death of a loved one can trigger this condition.
5. Traction alopecia. It happens due to the pressure on the scalp due to too much hairstyling. Since traction alopecia is a result of constant hair pulling, it is the most preventable kind of hair loss.
Knowing the different kinds of hair loss is important. At the very least, you know how to prevent it. Even though this particular condition is not as damaging to health as cancer or stroke, it is damaging to your ego. You definitely prefer to have a full head of healthy and shiny hair.