Pneumonia is a common illness that refers to an infection of the lungs. It occurs in all age groups, and is a leading cause of death among children and elderly people in chronic conditions. The major symptoms of pneumonia are productive cough resulting in mucus, chest pains, fever, chills and breathing shortness.
Here, in this article you will find home remedies for pneumonia. These home remedies are simple, easy to prepare and easy to follow. You will get benefited from these home remedies if followed as instructed below. These remedies can be taken along with your medication to improve your health and give relief from pneumonia symptoms.
1. Turmeric has several medicinal properties and is widely used in treating a number of ailments. It also helps in treating pneumonia. Other herbs such as black pepper, fenugreek and ginger are also beneficial for your lungs. You can take these herbs in raw or cooked form.
2. Sesame seeds are also helpful in treating pneumonia. Add 15 grams of sesame seeds in 250 ml water. Add a pinch of common salt, a teaspoon of linseed, and a tablespoon of honey in this mixture. Consume daily to expel phlegm from the bronchial tubes.
3. Ginger is a popular home remedy for treating most of the respiratory disorders. Take 10 ml juice of the fresh ginger, or one or two grams dried ginger powder along with honey two times daily.
4. Add a teaspoon of honey to a glass of lukewarm water. Drink it two or three times a day. This drink has very soothing effect and relieves symptoms.
5. Mix some camphor with warm turpentine oil and apply it on the chest. Gently massage to get relief from pneumonia.
6. The patient should be kept in a clean, hot and healthy room. Make sure that sunshine enters in the patient room.
7. Try to keep the chest and the feet of the patient warmer than the other parts of the body.
8. Do not take foods that may lead to constipation. It may aggravate the condition.
9. To get relief from chest pain and discomfort, take a teaspoonful of garlic juice.
10. Holy basil is also very useful in pneumonia. Take the juice of few fresh leaves of holy basil. Add a pinch of ground black pepper to this juice and consume at six hourly intervals.
Disclaimer: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the pneumonia home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products or ingredients if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the website or the writer.
Copyright © Ryan Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.