In this article we are going to cover 10 important facts about male thrush that you may not know about. By the time you reach the end of our list, you will be armed with valuable information that will help you know how to spot the signs of male and how you can go about treating it.
Let’s get started…
1. Everyone has yeast in their bodies and anyone of any age or sex can get a yeast infection/thrush. Thrush happens when your defenses aren’t as strong as they should be which allows this yeast to grow out of control in our bodies, leading to thrush and other types of yeast infections.
2. Male thrush is highly contagious and can be passed between partners for years if you have unprotected sex. This is because not everyone has noticeable symptoms when infected and often continue to pass it on without even realizing it.
3. Yeast thrives in warm and damp places which is why it tends to develop in the groin and around the penis. Wearing loose underwear made of cotton can help keep the area cool and dry to keep thrush at bay.
4. Thrush can be distinguished from other rashes and infections by a rash with a very red border and sometimes raised white spots commonly found at the tip of the penis or even on the foreskin. It gives off a yeast-like smell and can make urinating very uncomfortable.
5. Male thrush can be treated with yogurt! Applying plain, all natural probiotic yogurt to the affected area can soothe and help heal the irritated skin and rash. Consuming this type of yogurt also helps to kill yeast infections because of the good bacteria that it arms your body with.
6. Cutting back on beer, bread, barely, and processed foods can help you get rid of thrush faster as well as help to keep future bouts of thrush at bay. The more yeast you can remove from your diet, the easier it will be to treat thrush and even prevent male thrush.
7. The use of garlic oil or crushed fresh garlic on the skin affected by thrush is a natural home remedy that has been used for centuries to treat all kinds of yeast infections.
8. Not changing out of sweaty gym clothes or wet swimming trunks right away can increase your chances of getting thrush or even worsen a current infection. Being diligent about this sort of thing can go a long way in treating thrush and even preventing it.
9. Antibiotics rob your digestive system of the good bacteria it needs to keep the Candida fungus (yeast) in your body from growing out of control. Avoid unnecessary or excessive antibiotic use to keep your digestive system healthy and safe from the dangers of a yeast overgrowth.
10. The only over-the-counter remedies available for male thrush are the same creams used to treat female yeast infections or other fungal infections such as athlete’s foot.
Armed with this information I hope that you can avoid this nasty disease from coming back again by killing off the problem at the root.